007 Week finishes

James Bond ruled last week as the Class of 2007 held "007 Week," which included a Guapo's party, forum and a sophomore-hosted, Bond-themed TDR dinner.

"Overall, the week was a huge success," said Class of 2007 President Mark Stern. "At our TDR dinner at the end of the week, over 1,000 people attended."

A Freshman/Sophomore Forum, in which fifty students attended and ate free pizza, began the week, followed by a Guapo's Night in Tenleytown. Wednesday featured a "007"-themed Eagle Nights, which included gadget building for prizes and distribution of Class of 2007 shirts. On Thursday, AU students visited Chipotle in Tenleytown for chances to win free burritos and other prizes. Also, Class of 2007 shirts were available for $7. On Friday night, the sophomores held a James Bond night in TDR, which included a themed menu and virgin martinis.

"It's a great way to foster community within our class," said sophomore Julie Flemming.

More than 100 students attended the Guapo's night. The $500 profit the class made will go entirely to future events and programs, according to Class of 2007 Vice President Guy Seemann.

"Ever since [the Class of 2007] arrived on the AU campus, they have done a great job," said Polson Kanneth, Student Confederation president.

Stern was pleased with the week.

"Our focus was to increase class pride and school spirit. ... I hope to have a similar week next year"