Campus Briefs

Kogod School of Business to hold five-week summer program to develop skills in non-business students

The Kogod School of Business will hold a program this summer specifically designed for non-business students. The program, called The Global Business Institute, will help students develop an understanding of global business fundamentals and their professional skills. Applications are currently being accepted for the program.

The five-week session is set to begin on May 17.

-KATE OCZYPOK

Society of Professional Journalists brings Associated Press reporter to speak about wire reporting

The AU Chapter of The Society of Professional Journalists will hold its final Coffee Talk of the semester today. "Down To The Wire" will feature Associated Press reporter Stephanie Nazarro Blake. Blake will discuss how she became an AP reporter and topics on wire reporting.

After the talk, there will be a question-and-answer session for attendees.

Free food and refreshments will be provided.

The SPJ has hosted many noted reporters, including AU professor Jane Hall, who appears on a weekly news analysis show called "Fox News Watch" on the Fox News Channel.

Previous topics have included international reporting, being an upstart newspaper, reporting on terrorism, breaking into broadcast news, and reporting on congressional topics.

More information is available by e-mailing April Astor at april.astor@american.edu.

- RYAN GRANNAN-DOLL