Police Blotter

Friday, March 19

A male student drank too much and needed medical assistance in Hughes Hall.

Graffiti was reported in a Letts Hall elevator. Someone spray-painted the greek letters EI on an elevator wall. On the opposite wall, a triangle with the letters EI inside of it was also spray-painted.

A drug violation was reported inside Letts Hall. A male student left his personal property at the front desk. The desk called Public Safety to pick up the property. When Public Safety did an inventory of the property, marijuana was found inside.

A fire alarm was activated inside the McKinley Building. Contractors were cutting wood in Room 109 and set off the alarm. There was no emergency and the fire department was not called.

A stuck elevator was reported inside McDowell Hall. One female student was stuck in the elevator for 24 minutes. The D.C. Fire Department was called to release her.

An alcohol violation was reported inside Capital Hall on Tenley Campus. One male AU student was involved.

Saturday, March 20

A robbery was reported inside the Rockwood building. One student said he was robbed at gunpoint by two white males.

An alcohol violation was reported on Tenley Campus. The violation occurred outdoors and not in a residence hall or building. One male AU student and one male visitor were involved.

Medical assistance was needed at the Southside shuttle depot. Two female students drank too much and were transported to Sibley Hospital.

A drug violation was reported in Anderson Hall. Four students were found smoking marijuana in a room on the fourth floor.

Sunday, March 21

An assault was reported at the AU shuttle stop outside the Tenleytown-AU Metro station. One male student was yelling expletives and threatening people. He also spat on two people.

Theft was reported in the McKinley building. A jigsaw and glue gun were stolen and a film prop was vandalized.

A burglar alarm was activated in Ward Circle Building. An employee at Wagshal's Deli accidentally set off the alarm. No emergency was reported.

A hospital transport was needed from Leonard Hall. A female student had a reaction to her medication and was transported to Sibley Hospital.

Monday, March 22

Vandalism was reported in Letts Hall. A chair that was destroyed was found in a Letts elevator.

A fire alarm was activated inside Congressional Hall on Tenley Campus. It was a false alarm and Physical Plant was notified to fix the alarm.

Tuesday, March 23

Lost property was reported on the AU shuttle bus. A female student got off the bus at the Tenley Metro stop and realized she forgot her purse. It is still missing.

A fire in a trash chute was reported in Park Bethesda, according to Kecia Baker, resident manager at Park Bethesda. The fire occurred at approximately 3 a.m. No students were injured and no damage was done to student apartments. According to Baker, the preliminary investigation found the chute to have no mechanical malfunction.