Police Blotter

The police blotter is compiled from the daily crime log issued by the Department of Public Safety and additional information from Gary Folckemer, public information officer for Public Safety. Incidents from Friday through Wednesday appear in the Thursday edition while incidents from Wednesday and Thursday appear in the Monday edition. Any questions can be sent to the Campus News Editor at Campus@TheEagleOnline.com.

Friday, Feb. 27

Missing property was reported in Letts Hall when a person who received a package slip went to retrieve the package and it could not be located.

Public Safety barred a man from all University property after an incident in Anderson Hall. A female student was having problems with her ex-boyfriend, who is not a student. He may have physically abused her.

Saturday, Feb. 28

Public Safety responded to a neighbor complaint of noise on Foxhall Road early Saturday morning. The Metropolitan Police Department contacted Public Safety to assist in breaking up a party involving AU students. About 19 people were involved, 13 of which are confirmed students. One student was arrested for Disorderly Conduct after denying that he was a student and telling others not to cooperate with MPD.

Public Safety responded to a call for medical assistance in Hughes Hall for an intoxicated individual who was in a semicoherent state. She had mixed some prescription medication with alcohol. She signed a medical refusal so no hospital transport was given.

A hospital transport was needed in Anderson Hall when an intoxicated female was found unconscious. She was taken by ambulance to Sibley Hospital for observation.

A female student reported harassment by phone. She was having a problem with her ex-boyfriend while in the process of moving out of their apartment. He called her from out of town and threatened her upon his return.

Sunday, Feb. 29

Medical assistance was refused in Letts Hall when an individual was found unresponsive in the rest room. The student was passed out and when officers arrived, she was conscious but pale and disoriented. She had been drinking earlier but felt no need for a hospital transport.

Monday, March 1

A fire occurred in the Quad when three campaign posters for the Student Confederation elections were burned. Posters for Steve Gilbert, Will Mount, and Polson Kanneth and Jason Trombley were ripped down and burned about 2:45 a.m., according to Kyle Harding of the Board of Elections. The remnants were put out with a fire extinguisher. Public Safety could not determine any witnesses nor determine who phoned in the report. This is the third banner-burning on the Quad during this election cycle.

Defaced property was reported at the Campus Store in the Butler Pavilion. Someone smashed one of the back windows but did not enter the store. There were no other signs of forced entry.

Damage to a vehicle was reported in the Sports Center Garage. A woman found someone had severely dented her car.

Public Safety took an informational report outside Asbury Building. An employee issued a general complaint when she tried to catch a taxi to take her to Southeast and the cab wouldn't take her. Public Safety called a cab for her.

Tuesday, March 2

No incidents were reported.

Wednesday, March 3

A vehicle accident occurred on the Letts Hall roadway between 8:30 and 9 a.m. when a student backed into another car that was parked. No injuries were reported. Public Safety is trying to locate the owner of the other car.