Police Blotter

Friday, Feb. 20

Public Safety responded to a report of a suspicious package in the Rockwood Building. An envelope sent to Housing and Dining Programs regarding a rental ad contained a white, granular substance. Public Safety contacted the person who sent the letter and determined that the substance was sugar he had accidentally spilled into the envelope.

The Student Health Center contacted Public Safety to request a hospital transport from Federal Hall on Tenley Campus. The student was feeling ill, possibly by food poisoning, and was transported to Sibley Hospital by the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad.

A student contacted Public Safety at 11:04 p.m. after being stuck in an Anderson Hall elevator. The student was released after 25 minutes.

Public Safety provided medical assistance to a diabetic student in Centennial Hall. The student came back from work and was feeling bad. Insulin was administered, and the student's condition improved after eating something. No hospital transport was necessary.

Saturday, Feb. 21

Public Safety was contacted after a student was seen smoking in a lounge in Anderson Hall. A female student was found, along with a non-student, in possession of marijuana. The non-student was barred from University property and the female student received a drug violation.

Sunday, Feb. 22

A Public Safety officer was transported to Sibley Hospital after sustaining an injury on campus. The officer hurt her wrist while she was working with traffic signs. She is OK, although a splint is attached to her hand while it heals.

Monday, Feb. 23

A female resident of Hughes Hall reported tightness in her chest Monday night. As she felt worse, she contacted the Resident Assistant, who called the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad. The student refused a transport to Sibley Hospital.

A student reported theft of property in the Gianni Lounge, Mary Graydon Center. She was working in the lounge when a group arrived that had reserved the room. She left her book bag and laptop computer unsecured as she left the room. The group then moved her items, causing her to believe they were stolen. The items have been recovered.

Tuesday, Feb. 24

A staff member had a seizure in Mary Graydon Center. The Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad responded as well as D.C. Fire Department. She did not require a hospital transport.

An individual reported assault after being ejected from the Men's Basketball game vs. Holy Cross on Friday. The person was believed to have thrown something on the court and was ejected. While being ejected, he may have been physically handled, although no injuries were reported.

A false fire alarm was caused by dust kicked up during asbestos removal in McKinley Building. An on-site inspector verified that there was no fire.

A former student entered Letts Hall without a valid ID. The front desk staff contacted Public Safety after he walked past them. Public Safety caught up to him and confiscated his invalid ID since he is no longer a student. He was then barred from the residence halls.

A 20-year-old student entered Anderson Hall carrying a bag containing a 12-pack of beer and a bottle of wine. Walking behind the student was a Public Safety officer who noticed the contents, as some were in a mesh compartment in plain view of the officer. When stopped by the officer, the student at first refused to open the bag, but as alcohol was visible, it was a plain-view violation. The alcohol was confiscated and has been discarded.