Police Blotter

Friday, Feb. 13

Credit card fraud was reported to Public Safety when a female student received a statement that had a charge she did not authorize. The location of the charge is unknown.

Saturday, Feb. 14

Public Safety responded to a drug violation-marijuana in Centennial Hall. Resident assistants making rounds discovered the smell. Upon knocking on a resident's door, they found students smoking. The students voluntarily produced the pipe they were using.

Vandalism was reported in the McKinley building when Public Safety found glass on the front door was shattered when an outdoor trashcan was thrown through the glass.

Burglary by forcible entry was reported when an individual reported that $60 in cash and two credit cards were stolen from his locker in the men's locker room of the Sports Center.

Sunday, Feb. 15

The Letts Hall front desk reported vandalism as a fire extinguisher was discharged on the fifth floor. Witnesses reported three potential suspects.

Alcohol violation was reported in Letts Hall and was found as a result of the vandalism investigation. A resident assistant knocked on a resident's door and numerous alcoholic beverages were found sitting in plain view.

Burglary was reported to Public Safety after a male student living in Letts returned after a weekend trip. Upon his return, he noticed his laptop computer, Sega Dreamcast and 15 games were missing.

Monday, Feb. 16

Vandalism was reported in the Ward Circle Building as somebody kicked a water fountain and the button was stuck in the on position. The water spilled out of the basin of the fountain and dripped onto the carpet beneath.

Public Safety reported a response to a security alarm at the President's private home on Glenbrook Road. An alarm went off at the President residence as Public Safety officers responded. Nothing was found.

Public Safety reported a threat to kidnap, injure or damage at the Public Safety building.

A resident reported theft of personal belongings from a room in Anderson Hall. The belongings included stuffed animals, a vacuum cleaner and a Palm Pilot.

Vandalism was reported in Letts Hall as a fire extinguisher was discharged on the fourth floor.

A hospital transport was needed from Congressional Hall on Tenley Campus.

Tuesday, Feb. 17

Theft of University property was reported in Mary Graydon Center as two pictures were missing from the University Club wall.

A vehicle accident was reported in the Butler Tunnel as two individuals were involved in a fender bender.

Theft of U.S. mail was reported in the lower level of Letts Hall. A female student reported that her mail had been taken from the mailroom. No additional information is available by press time.

Wednesday, Feb. 18

A hospital transport was needed from Capital Hall on Tenley Campus.

The Anderson front desk reported a fight in progress in the Letts-Anderson Quad involving six or seven individuals. The fight involved a fraternity or members of two different fraternities at 2:10 a.m.