Police Blotter

Friday, Jan. 30

• A vehicle accident occurred in the Nebraska Parking Lot as two student vehicles were backing out at the same time and collided, causing a small fender bender.
  • Public Safety responded to a stuck elevator in McDowell Hall as two people were stuck for 20 minutes due to a malfunction.
  • An Anderson Hall resident reported unlawful entry in his room when he found that someone had entered and rearranged his belongings.
  • A student was barred from Bender Arena after he threw a water bottle at one of the referees during a basketball game. The student, who was drunk, took credit for the act and was removed from the building.

Saturday, Jan. 31

• A hospital transport was needed from Anderson Hall.
  • A hospital transport was needed from the Nebraska Parking Lot.
  • Destuction or injury to another person's property was reported off campus when a window was broken in a student's car on Warren Street.
  • A female student reported a stuck elevator in Bender Library when the door would not open immediately, but was able to open the door without the aid of Public Safety.

Sunday, Feb. 1

• A drug violation was reported in the Letts-Anderson Quad as Public Safety responded to a report that someone was throwing stuff out of a window in Anderson Hall. The officers arrived to find five male students using a bong while leaning out the window.
  • Dangerous assault with intent for mayhem was reported in the LA Quad as a student was shot in the chest with a BB gun while standing on the steps of Letts Hall.

Monday, Feb. 2

• A hospital transport was needed from the Broadcast Center.
  • Burglary was reported in the McKinley Building when a few computer monitors were taken from the computer lab.
  • A sterilizer set off a smoke alarm in a lab on the first floor of Hurst Hall. No substantial damage was reported.
  • Damage to a vehicle was reported in the Bender Library Parking Lot as a person returned to find a second car had parked behind his vehicle. The bumpers were touching, making it impossible to move.
  • Simple assault was reported in Capital Hall on Tenley Campus when a male and female student were having a slap fight that escalated. The male student reported minor injuries.

Tuesday, Feb. 3

• Medical assistance was needed in the Sports Center, but no transport was necessary.
  • Public Safety responded to a hazardous condition/safety violation in the Butler Tunnel when a woman locked her car door with her keys inside as her child remained in the safety seat in the turnaround by Bender Arena.

Wednesday, Feb. 4

• A fire alarm was reported due to a panel failure in McKinley. Physical Plant was sent to fix the panel. - KEITH F. SHOVLIN

• Section 202 host Gabrielle and friends go over some sports that aren’t in the sports media spotlight often, and review some sports based on their difficulty to play.