From the Eagle Sports Desk

Indoor Track breaks records at PL Championships

At this weekend's Indoor Track & Field Patriot League Championships, the Men's and Women's teams failed to bring home the title, but broke three AU records and earned individual acclaims.

The women's 4 x 800 relay team ran by junior Whitney Mcnees, freshman Kelly Taylor, sophomore Keira Carlstrom, sophomore Zaia Wharton, broke the previous AU record by a little under three seconds at 9:07.83.

Carlstrom earned the PL title and school record in the 3,000-meter breaking the previous record by 0.04 seconds at a time of 9:43.46. Taylor won the mile run PL title with a time of 4:57.51, beating out teammate Carlstom by 0.31 seconds.

Wharton won the championship in the 1,000-meter with time of 2:56.91. AU also won the distance medley relay (DMR) in a time of 12:05.81.

The men's team finished in fourth place overall. The 4 x 800 relay team of freshman Rob Hofmann, freshman Dustin Emrani, junior Sean Duffy and sophomore Phillip Gaeta broke another school record by more then two seconds with a time of 7:34.21.

Senior Matthew Seymour, after winning the 3,000-meter and 5,000-meter events, was named the PL Athlete of the Meet.

- ADAM MONTGOMERY

Wrestling falls in last regular season dual meet, looks ahead to EIWA championships March 6-7

The AU Wrestling hosted Campbell University on Saturday night for its last dual meet of the regular season.

Despite winning five out of eight matches, AU fell 23-20.

Sophomore Tom Kniezewski pinned his opponent decisively in the first period.

Additionally, freshman Dwayne Hash-Barberis crushed his opponent beating him by a technical fall in the third period.

Senior Jared Hyman ended his final collegiate dual meet career with a decisive win earning him his seventh-straight dual meet victory.

Graduate student Daniel Waters and junior Adam Montgomery both won their respective matches by a slim margin.

The team travels to the University of Pennsylvania for the 100th Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association championships on the weekend of March 6 through 7.

- LAURA RANDISI