Stevens pins Terzulli

The 2003 Student Confederation Transition officially came to a close yesterday as SC President Nick Terzulli received the President's Pin from former President Haley Stevens.

Stevens presented the pin at Sunday's General Assembly meeting, five months after Terzulli took the office upon Stevens'resignation. The SC, AU's student governing body, held their election in March but it went to a runoff between Stevens and Terzulli for the presidency.

The transition was then thrown off as Stevens announced in her inauguration speech that she would resign in order to study this fall at Oxford University in England. Due to the lack of a winning candidate for the vice presidency, Terzulli was appointed to the position and succeeded into the office when Stevens later resigned.

"[2001-02 President] Erin Taylor pinned me at the transition ceremony," Stevens said. "Unfortunately, due to the end of the semester, the pin never got passed down to Nick."

According to Stevens, she temporarily lost the pin upon returning home to Michigan. Stevens was able to find it on a subsequent visit and contacted SC Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

Stevens noted the hard work done by Terzulli as a major reason for her moving to locate the pin.

"Nick is working hard and really reaching out to the students," Stevens said.

Terzulli followed the pin ceremony with his summer executive report. The report outlined his summer accomplishments and introduced the first draft of the SC Strategic Plan.

The plan is built on the new SC Help Center as the base of a triangle of action, the Help Center being the largest part. The Strategic Plan will be completed over the coming weeks as additional SC departments contribute to it.

The plan is geared toward service and communication and is titled, "For a Better AU"