Dashboard to play AU

Classes have started and the opening festivities here at AU are almost exhausted, but perhaps the biggest event is yet to come. This Sunday, Sept. 7, Dashboard Confessional will perform in Bender Arena supported by a great line up consisting of Vendetta Red, Brand New, and MXPX.

The show, in association with I.M.P. and backed by MTV2 and SUB, will be a follow-up tour for Dashboard's sophomore Vagrant Records, full-length, "A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar," which debuted at number two on the Billboard Top 200 Albums, selling 122,000 records in its first week.

The previous full length from Dashboard, "The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most," sold only 2,500 copies in its first week, however, with an increasing fan base through touring, sold a total of 426,000 copies.

Chris Carrabba, Dashboard's frontman, has also a diverse musical background. He joined The Vacant Andys right after completing high school, a band in which he played for several years before recording an album with a band called The Agency. He then moved on to become the frontman for Further Seems Forever, a band that still leads a successful existence. While playing with Further Seems Forever, Carrabba decided to test out an acoustic sound in a solo project. It became official when he recorded the three-song "Drowning EP" for Fiddler Records. Dashboard Confessional is now a staple of the successful independent label and major label partnership, Vagrant/Interscope Records.

Dashboard concerts have been known to become sing-alongs, an element Carrabba encourages.

Tickets are on sale at all Ticketmaster locations, including the Rockwood Building, on the south side of campus for $21.50