AU Shuttle Stock Image

AU adds new shuttle route between Spring Valley Building and main campus

Green Route will not go to Tenleytown Metro

Students with classes in the Spring Valley Building, down the road from AU’s main campus on Massachusetts Avenue, will now have another option for getting to class: the newly introduced Green Route.

The route begins at Kerwin Hall and goes through main campus to take passengers to the Spring Valley Building without heading to the Tenleytown Metro. Stops include Letts and Anderson Halls, the Kogod School of Business, and the Massachusetts Avenue stop opposite from the Katzen Arts Center.

The Green Route was introduced on the first day of classes and created to supplement the Red Route Express, said Alef Worku, AU’s manager of transportation operations and maintenance facilities management. The new route’s schedule matches class start times at the Spring Valley Building (SVB) and departure times from main and east campus, he added.

“The Green Route also serves as an additional option for the AU community in traveling to/from the SVB and Main Campus,” Worku said in an email.

Currently there are three bus routes in AU’s shuttle service: the Blue Route, Red Route Express and Green Route. Previously, AU had a Red Route that went between the Spring Valley Building, main campus and the Tenleytown Metro station.

The Red Route has ended to make way for the Green Route and to add more service to the Blue Route, which goes from main campus to the Tenleytown Metro, and the Red Route Express, which goes between the Spring Valley Building and the Tenleytown Metro. The old Red Route’s travel time through main campus delayed the travel time from the Spring Valley Building to the Tenleytown Metro, Worku said.

“After careful evaluation we determined that placing additional service resources to the Blue Route, Red Express and establishing the Green Route would better serve the AU community,” Worku said.

The order of the route’s stops is listed below, and a schedule for the shuttle can be found here.

• Kerwin Hall (Metrobus stop on Nebraska Ave. outside building)
  • Letts/Anderson Halls (South Campus)
  • Kogod School of Business
  • Spring Valley Building (behind building on 48th St)
  • Massachusetts Ave. (opposite Katzen Arts Center)

mcarrasco@theeagleonline.com

Still mourning that one show that was cancelled before you could see how it ends? Couch Potatoes co-hosts Sara Winick and Sydney Hsu have you covered as they discuss all the series that shouldn't have ended when they did.