Annie Rebekah Gardner

Articles

News

Indie queen Lewis charms Birchmere with twins in tow

On Thursday night at Alexandria's Birchmere, Jenny Lewis, 5'1" and bedecked in western-style vintage clothing, graced the metropolitan area with her own cowboy boot-wearin' entourage, which included the musical duo the Watson Twins. Lewis has long been the hip front woman of the band Rilo Kiley, but on this night she transformed from a mildly embittered rock star to a sweet and sentimental crooner (in a good way).

News

Married musical 'mates' make crowd dance, swoon

Saturday night at the State Theatre in Falls Church, Va., indie pop duo Mates of State charmed a youthful suburban audience (and its parents) with the band's signature spunk, charisma and adoration for one another. Mates of State was preceded by two opening acts, Hail Social and Maria Taylor (of Azure Ray and Now It's Overhead fame).

News

His and hers analysis of 'Project Runway' final five

With only five designers and five episodes left to go in the second season of the wildly popular "Project Runway," Bravo's reality TV fashion design contest, the race for Olympus Fashion Week and the final three designers is heating up. Here with a rundown of the five remaining contestants and their chances is The Eagle's own fashionista Annie Rebekah Gardner and TiVo box owner and often fashion-impaired nerd Daniel Gray Longino.

News

Slip into some slacks

Adolescent girls may be the last people on earth who haven't yet noticed Seven Jeans are so over. Here are six premium denim brands to check out and, quite possibly, make an investment in: *Editor's pick* Paper Denim & Cloth - Well-fitting and superbly made, Paper Denim & Cloth jeans are a favorite among fashionable Japanese girls.

More articles by Annie Rebekah Gardner