Smoke reported in Nebraska Hall Monday night
No injuries reported; Incident is now under control
Students were evacuated from Nebraska Hall Monday night due to black smoke. No one was injured and the smoke is now under control, D.C. Fire and EMS told The Eagle.
A generator produced the black smoke, Vito Maggiolo, public information officer for D.C. Fire and EMS, said. People saw the smoke and mistook it for a fire, Maggiolo said, but there was no fire. A generator in the rear of the building produced the smoke when it was activated for the first time in a while, he said.
D.C. Fire and EMS dispatched the call at 7:16 p.m., Maggiolo said. PEPCO was called to the scene.
This story will be updated.