Alexandria Winter Restaurant week opens Friday.

Alexandria Winter Restaurant week starts Friday

More than 60 restaurants to participate for 10 days and two weekends

Alexandria’s annual Winter Restaurant week begins this Friday, Jan. 26, with over 60 participants joining in the festivities this year. For 10 days and two weekends, the participants will offer a $35 three-course meal for one or a $35 dinner for two.

More than 30 restaurants will also be offering special lunch menus ranging between $10 and $20 along with their special dinner offers.

Alexandria Restaurant Week was launched in 2009 by Visit Alexandria and has since been a favorite amongst patrons and restaurateurs, occurring biannually in the winter and summer.

“One of the great aspects of Alexandria’s dining scene is that we have a range of culinary offerings, from Ethiopian cuisine to Japanese and from Greek to Italian,” said Leah Spellman, Communications Manager of Visit Alexandria.

New to Alexandria Winter Restaurant Week are Hank’s Pasta Bar, Sunday in Saigon, Cedar Knoll, Café 44, La Trattoria and Nectar Coffee & Wine Bistro.

Returning participants include Restaurant Eve, Sonoma Cellar, Magnolia’s On King, Vermilion, Evening Star Cafe, Virtue Feed & Grain, Mason Social, Cheesetique, Columbia Firehouse and Del Ray Café.

Alexandria’s menu flip-book showcases local chefs in neighborhoods throughout the city where guests can savor the flavors of Alexandria's distinctive collection of eateries.

“Diners will get everything from fine dining at our top restaurants like Restaurant Eve and Vermilion to more casual creative comfort food at local favorites like Cheesetique and Hank’s Pasta Bar. There are so many restaurants participating, it is easy to find something for every palate,” said Spellman.

The menus for the event will be posted on a daily basis with online reservations with Open Table.

kplewis@theeagleonline.com