Concert Preview: Neon Indian delivers new, chilled-out ‘80s-inspired disco tracks

Texas-raised Alan Palomo—better known as Neon Indian—will perform at the 9:30 Club on Oct. 13. The artist is set to release his latest album “VEGA INTL. Night School” on Oct. 16, Palomo’s first recording since his 2011 release of “Era Extraña.”

You can already listen to the singles “Slumlord,” “Annie” and “The Glitzy Hive” from “VEGA INTL Night School.” A music video for “Slumlord” will also be released soon, according to pictures posted on Palomo’s Instagram account.

On the upcoming album, Palomo reverts back to the glitchy tendencies and electro-pop sensibilities that first gave Neon Indian its cosmic quality in “Psychic Chasms” (2009). While Palomo is moving away from the humorous elements of “Psychic Chasms,” which included track names like “Laughing Gas,” “Should Have Taken Acid With You” and “Terminally Chill,” his new album still keeps things light-hearted and merry.

The newest singles from “VEGA INTL. Night School” make listeners feel life they are simultaneously in paradise and living in a modern version of Miami Vice. Much more energetic than “Psychic Chasms,” yet unshakably beachy, the latest album assures that concert-goers will have a kinetic and unique experience at the 9:30 Club on Oct. 13.

New Zealand native and New York-based vocalist Tamaryn will open for Neon Indian. Tamaryn will showcase her latest album, “Cranekiss,” released August 2015.

thescene@theeagelonline.com