Sex offense in residence hall prompts release of another Crime Alert

An AU student was sexually assaulted in an undisclosed residence hall, and no criminal complaint has been filed.

A sexual assault was reported to have taken place in a undisclosed residence hall on March 17.

The survivor is an AU student who knew his or her attacker, according to a Crime Alert released on March 23. The location of the crime was not reported to AU Public Safety.

AU Public Safety released a Crime Alert detailing the crime, after the assault was reported to a staff member on March 23.

No criminal complaint has been filed by the survivor and no description of the perpetrator was provided to AU Public Safety.

This is the third Crime Alert that AU Public Safety has released in 2015. All three Crime Alerts have been for sex offenses. Previously, a forcible fondling took place in the Katzen Arts Center on Feb. 10 at 10 p.m. and a forcible sex offense took place in a south side residence hall room on Feb. 7.

Since August 2014, seven sex offenses prompted the release of Crime Alerts as well as three stalking incidents, one simple assault and one indecent exposure, according to Public Safety’s website.

Staff writer Brooke Evans contributed to this story.

shogan@theeagleonline.com