BSA hosting throwback 'Big (A**) AU Party' in the Tavern

AU’s Black Student Alliance (BSA) is bringing back the 90s with its largest event of the year, the “Big (A**) AU Party,” in the Tavern on April 12.

The theme of the party is a throwback to the 1990s, according to Sophia Pappalardo, BSA’s outreach coordinator and junior in the School of International Service. The party is a chance for the whole AU community to come together and party like it’s 1999, she said.

The “Big (A**) AU Party” is a collaborative effort with several diverse groups on campus, including the Latinas Promoviendo Comunidad/Lambda Pi Chi sorority, the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity, Caribbean Circle and Student Government. To add to the the fun, BSA hired well-known DJ Ricky Platinum, who has performed across D.C., as well as Florida and Jamaica.

“Our vision this year was to build community among the student body, and what better way to end the year than with a giant party?” Pappalardo said.

The “Big (A**) AU Party” will be held in the Tavern on Saturday, April 12 at 10 p.m. The party is free to AU students with their ID and $3 for non-AU attendees. Check out the event’s Facebook page for more information.

jmorice@theeagleonline.com