Solo DJ PunkProper debuts new mix 'HOODRICH'

Chanel Verdult is at it again. The College of Arts and Sciences sophomore released her second mix under her official DJ name PunkProper.

“HOODRICH” is a follow up to Verdult’s first mix “Irie Vibes” that debuted in November with her former partner Bromar. Both mixes showcase her immense talent for incorporating sounds of trill, trap and vogue house. “HOODRICH” abides by the same rules as “Irie Vibes.”

Debuted Feb. 22 on PunkProper’s official SoundCloud account, “HOODRICH” opens with Ty Dolla $ign and Wiz Kalifa’s “Irie,” a trap hit that differs from Verdult’s first mix opener on “Irie Vibes.” Verdult keeps in line with her theme and blends “True” by Drums of Death featuring Yasmin that gives a cool, relaxed and vogue-ish vibe for the mix.

Fashion house and deep house have a heavier influence on the mix. The height of the house vibes strike with Cropper’s “Forever” within the first 15 minutes of “HOODRICH.” Everything that follows is pure Jersey and deep house until the latter half of the album. Migos’ “Undelay” brings trill vibes back to the forefront during the last half of the mix.

The hour-long mix can easily be described as a journey through a really good night. The fashion house begins the set, the middle is full of fun dancey tracks and the end completes “HOODRICH” with trap and trill. It’s difficult to think that Verdult could produce another great set like “Irie Vibes,” but “HOODRICH” is on the same level of quality. Both mixes can be found on her Soundcloud and fans can hear the music she listens to during her WVAU show each Thursday 4-5 p.m.

jsmith@theeagleonline.com