Darkside to mesmerize at 9:30 Club

The dynamic duo of electro-pop connoisseur Nicolas Jaar and multi-instrumentalist Dave Harrington, together known as Darkside, are making giant leaps into the future of music and the concert experience.

Chilean-born Jaar jumpstarted his career as an artist at the age of 18 in the underground scene of New York City while Harrington, a Brooklyn local, made his name as a producer and DJ. In this new collaboration, Jaar tries to shake off his old persona he created through his previous work “Space Is Only Noise,” reminiscent of unsettling house music.

Darkside not only produces their own dark matter, but they also remixed the whole of Daft Punk’s summer album “Random Access Memories (Daftside Remixes)”, which can heard in full on Soundcloud.

The band’s debut album “Psychic” was released in September 2013 by Matador Records. Pitchfork named the album “Best New Music” and the No. 11 Album of the Year. “Psychic” is like a synthesis of Blood Orange’s latest record “Cupid Deluxe” and Shlohmo with the bite of Caribou.

Darkside at 9:30 Club promises to not just be any regular show, but a cosmic journey through the psyche of these two esoteric artists. The visuals are bound to be other-worldly: artists Christopher Gabriel and Arnout Hulskamp (Children of the Light) specialize in mesmerizing and psychelic light shows.

Darkside’s eerie vocals teamed with Children of the Light’s mystic scenography? Think Dark Side of the Moon on DMT. You can also check out the scenographers’ Facebook to get a glimpse of the show. This show will be anything but ordinary; hopes are high after seeing Darkside’s boiler room session on a NYC rooftop.

Darkside is bound to play their most popular songs from the new album, which include
“Paper Trails”, “Golden Arrow”, “Heart” and “Sitra.” Jaar and Harrington may also play various remixes for the newer and younger fan base.

Darkside will be at 9:30 Club on Feb. 5. Tickets are $25. Doors open at 7 p.m.