Lissie to bring folk rock to 9:30 Club on Nov. 24

Fresh from October’s release of her new album Back to Forever, folk rocker Lissie will stop at the 9:30 Club on her U.S./UK tour on Nov. 24.

“Back to Forever” is Lissie’s second full-length album. Catching a Tiger created a buzz that eventually led to her being named Paste Magazine’s Best Solo Artist in 2010, the same year it was released.

On her most recent album, Lissie critiques social structures in an anthem-like manner, criticizing Hollywood on “Shameless” and discussing flaws in college education in “I Don’t Wanna Go to Work.”

Though she has a unique repertoire of her own songs, Lissie has also gained followers through her original takes on other artist’s songs, with the most popular being Kid Cudi’s “Pursuit of Happiness.”

With vocals ranging from sultry and understated to full and powerful with ease and classic rock influenced lead guitar patterns, Lissie’s music is a nod to the women of rock n’ roll in the past while maintaining a certain freshness and modernity. The combination of influence from Hendrix-era classic rock, modern country-rock and Fleetwood Mac-esque folk creates a distinct subspecies of rock and roll.

Lissie will be joined by Kopecky Family Band at 9:30 Club on Nov. 24. Tickets are $20.

*Recommended for fans of Alanis Morisette, Stevie Nicks, and KT Tunstall.