Friday, June 21, 2024

Caught A Ghost returns to Black Cat next weekend

Caught A Ghost, a side project of LA-based songwriter/producer Jesse Nolan, will be opening for He’s My Brother, She’s My Sister at the Black Cat on Nov. 16.

Caught A Ghost consists of Nolan’s kindergarten classmate Stephen Edelstein and actress Tessa Thompson (Veronica Mars), as well as a handful of other artists in a genre-defying musical project that combines elements of soul, electronic and Stax. The result is an entirely unique sound which the music community is embracing on blogs like Buzzbands.LA.

Their single “No Sugar in My Coffee” is a hard-hitting angry anthem with soul vocals and traces of dubstep, featured in promos for the show “Boardwalk Empire” and on “Vampire Diaries.”

Earlier this year, Caught A Ghost released an EP called “Nightworks,” which has received positive reviews. The band is currently working on an album to be released in mid-2014.

RIYL: Fitz and the Tantrums, Electric Guest, Black Keys

Tickets are on sale for $15, doors open at 8 p.m.

As the semester comes to an end and one of the founding members leaves American University, Section 202 has decided to take a trip down memory lane. For our fans, old and new, who are wondering how Section 202 came to be, this episode is a must. Listen along as hosts Connor Sturniolo and Liah Argiropoulos reminisce about the beginning of Section 202 and how it got to where it is now.