Two Door Cinema Club keeps DC dancing all night long

The Irish indie rock band played hits from their debut album and recently released “Changing of the Seasons” EP as the crowd rocked out for hours.

Exactly one year and one day after they played at the 9:30 Club, Two Door Cinema Club burst out onto the stage of DAR Constitution Hall to perform for a local D.C. crowd on Oct. 4. Playing songs from their debut album “Tourist History” to their recently released EP, Two Door Cinema Club (TDCC) did not disappoint eager fans.

Smallpools and St. Lucia opened with high energy, warming up the crowd with songs from their EPs and soon-to-be-released albums. Smallpools had the crowd on their feet, even though most attendees were unfamiliar with their music. St. Lucia’s energy was more toned down, but entertained concert-goers who were acquainted with their music.

TDCC got the crowd energized performing “Sleep Alone,” the lead single of their second album. Upbeat songs like “Undercover Martyn” and their most recently released “Changing of the Seasons” kept the crowd on its feet. The brass instrument-heavy “Sun” injected a different spirit into the venue, giving a distinctly groovy vibe to the event.

Performing “Something Good Can Work” was the high point of the concert as the crowd jumped, danced and sang the lyrics.

TDCC finished their encore with “What You Know,” the most popular single from their debut album. Lead vocalist Alex Trimble began with an acoustic version of the song’s chorus, leaving a silence for the crowd to enthusiastically sing back, “You don’t want to be alone.” Trimble and the rest of the band soon picked up right where they left off with the spirited intro to the song.