Scene's 10 most anticipated fall albums

The Scene explores new music that will debut this fall

As summer comes to a close, our summer anthems fade to the background of your iTunes library. But have no fear, fall is expected to offer a slew of new music from familiar chart toppers and newcomers to the music scene. Join us in the countdown to our most anticipated fall albums.

Drake- Nothing Was The Same- Sept. 24
All summer long, Drake has teased fans with small doses of his forthcoming album and follow-up to 2011’s “Take Care.” The Canadian rapper already dropped a few singles (“5AM in Toronto,” “Started From The Bottom,” “The Motion,” “Girls Love Beyonce” and “Hold On We’re Going Home”) with a sound to each his own, and nearly all of them have charted in a matter of days upon their release. “Nothing Was The Same” appears to be Drake’s most diverse piece of work yet, sampling sounds heard on his earlier mixtapes as well as some fresh influences. Collaborators to be featured on this record include J. Cole, Sampha, Migos, PARTYNEXTDOOR, and Jhené Aiko.

HAIM- Days Are Gone- Sept. 30
This sister trio from Los Angeles, California has probably been the sweetest part of summer. Everyone has fallen under their spell, but it’s impossible not to be charmed by three talented women who sing and play with so much high energy and spirit. With five songs to their name, Haim has performed every major music festival this year. Believe the hype- Haim’s debut album is one of the most anticipated releases of the year.

Lorde- Pure Heroine- Sept. 27
Seventeen year-old Ella Yelic-’Connor (aka Lorde) may be young, but the girl sings with an old soul. Her EP “The Love Club” has already been a huge success. According to Billboard, she is the “first lead solo female to top Billboard’s Nielsen BDS-based Alternative chart in more than 17 years”. Lorde made her big U.S. debut this summer and continues to wow everyone who has the pleasure of seeing her. This album might be the cherry on top of a life-changing year for the New Zealand native.

Justin Timberlake- 20/20 Experience: 2 of 2- Sept. 30
Justin Timberlake has been bringing sexy back with his clear vision, but he’s not even close to being finished yet. A few months after dropping his long-awaited third album “20/20 Experience,” the singer randomly released the single “Take Back The Night”. At this year’s VMAs, he reunited with NSYNC and solidified his status as a legendary artist. The career of JT is permanently marked TBC (to be continued).

Miley Cyrus- BANGERZ- Oct. 8
“We Can’t Stop” literally stopped everyone in their tracks, especially when the music video showed a not-so-innocent Miley Cyrus going ham. The truth of the matter is, Miley Cyrus is all grown up, and she’s going to twerk if she wants to, wherever she wants to. (And nobody can stop her.) When speaking about the album, she mentioned that it has a mix of hip-hop and country influences. Her best friend (and producer) Mike WiLL says, “She’s just being Miley.” Love her or hate her, this album will be a game changer.

Lady Gaga- ARTPOP- Nov. 11
“Little monsters” finally have a reason to put their claws up again because GaGa is ready to return to her throne. Though times seemed grim after she cancelled tour dates for hip surgery, Lady GaGa has been busy working on the follow-up to 2011’s “Bad Romance”. With the album cover confirmed and a catchy comeback single in rotation, she has her eyes set on No. 1. Lady Gaga is scheduled to perform at the MTV VMAs this weekend; expect something over the top and shamelessly art pop.

Other albums that should be on the radar: – Ariana Grande- Yours Truly- Sept. 3 – Summer Camp- Summer Camp- Sept. 9 – Arctic Monkeys- AM- Sept. 10 – The Weeknd- Kiss Land- Sept. 10 – Katy Perry- Prism- Sept. 15 – MGMT- MGMT- Sept. 17 – Chvrches- The Bones Of What You Believe- Sept. 23 – Kings of Leon- Mechanical Bull- Oct. 19 – Sky Ferreira- I Will EP – Azealia Banks- Broke With Expensive Taste – BEYONCE