Letter from the Editor: The Eagle goes digital

As you may know, The Eagle is now a predominantly online publication instead of a weekly newspaper. Many of you expressed disappointment at the loss of a print product, but The Eagle sees this digital transition as an opportunity to grow.

We’re kicking off the school year with a new website geared toward providing you with fast, relevant and accurate information in a multi-platform fashion.

Our website TheEagleOnline.com will be updated multiple times a day with new stories, videos, graphics and interactive material. A team of three to five staffers will be working in The Eagle office from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday to ensure you will receive the latest on-campus news.

We also redesigned our website for a cleaner, simpler look to guarantee a successful digital transition in the absence of a weekly print edition.

But this does not mean the end of print.

A special issue featuring investigative pieces, top-notch columns, sports profiles and going-out guides for visiting parents and alumni will be printed on All-American Weekend in October.

As The Eagle transitions from a weekly newspaper to a daily news site, we encourage the AU community to provide us with feedback. We have undergone such changes in hopes of serving our audience in a better capacity while fulfilling our role as AU’s source of news.

Even though we will be printing less frequently, The Eagle retains its strong reputation of excellent journalism. The way in which we produce and you receive news may have changed, but our fundamental value of “delivering American University’s news and views since 1925” will not.

Paige Jones is the Editor-in-Chief of The Eagle.