AU alumnus to produce film in 2014

AU alumnus and Maryland native Brian Levin helped write and produce the new film "Flock of Dudes," premiering in 2014.

Levin came to AU's School of Communication for his graduate studies after completing his undergraduate degree in 2002 at Towson University in Baltimore.

"I had a good feeling when I was on campus, plus my program had all the resources I needed but was flexible enough that I could explore what exactly I wanted to do with my career," he said.

Upon completing his program at AU in 2005, Levin moved to New York City where he developed the idea for "The Post Show."

"The Post Show" was an online sketch comedy show starring Levin, college friend Bob Castrone and fellow NYC comedian Jason Zumwalt. The trio released two shows per week on their website and the success of their sketches led to features on "Funny or Die" and the G4 network's "Attack of the Show."

Levin's brainchild helped the comedy troupe "get their foot in the door" of the film industry as they wrote "Flock of Dudes," he said.

The film stars Chris D'Elia as a slacker in his thirties who decides to finally grow up after a series of events, including eviction from his apartment.

"I think a lot of [the inspiration] actually came from personal experience, just kind of hanging out in New York with a group of friends and doing what people do in their 20's," Levin said.

However, the movie is still in the works and scheduled to be released next year.

Levin currently has six scripts in different stages of development (casting, financing, and/or production). He is also working on bringing one of his upcoming projects to the East Coast by filming in the Baltimore/D.C. area.

"I think of the Baltimore/D.C. area as just where I grew up, so that's where my imagination draws from," he said. "For me, it's less about the politics and more about visuals and the energy of the people in the area."

jmorice@theeagleonline.com