Second District Records to host DJ Battle in Amphitheater

The amphitheater will get a little more amped on Saturday when eight contestants compete in a DJ Battle sponsored by Second District Records. The free event starts at 4 p.m. on March 23.

The DJ's, most of whom are AU students, will each get 30 minutes to play original mixes and show off their best skills before a winner is chosen.

Second District Records is a new student organization with a goal of recording and promoting musicians at AU by bringing together audio tech, business, art and music students. This battle is the first event for which Second District Record is the primary sponsor.

Seven of the eight participating DJ's are AU students, including:

• Travis Bozeman, a junior in the College of Arts and Sciences who goes by the name BCKWTR;

• Zack Borson, a freshman in CAS who performs as Bors;

• Spencer Davidson, a junior in CAS who performs as Azlan;

• Alexander Khoury, a junior in CAS who goes by the name Epsilon Not;

• Isadora Cidral, a sophomore in the Kogod School of Business who goes by DJ MANA;

• and the duo of David and Max Hamilton, freshmen in the School of Communication and Kogod, respectively, who perform together as Ham & Bangers.

The final DJ is 12-year-old local phenomenon DJ Danger (Dane Stone), who won a battle at Beat Refinery, a DJ school in Maryland.

Second District brand manager Spencer Swan said they are excited to showcase these musicians in a fun, danceable way.

"We want to expose people to a musical world they may not have seen before," Swan said, "and II think a battle is the perfect setting for that."

Listen to mixes by BCKWTR, Azlan, and Epsilon Not

smeehan@theeagleonline.com