Eagle Rants: Feb. 18, 2013

Editor's Note: Old Eagle Rants Editor is taking a break. Meet the new Eagle Rants Editor.

•The Harlem Shake is irrefutable proof that there is lead in all children's toys and mercury in our food and water supply.

•"@ “I know you’re really into indie music that no one else knows about, and you want to assert your indie supremacy over us all, but do you really have to sing loudly in the shower?” I know, it's so horrible. Especially if you want to sleep at a decent time to get to an early class. Some people just can't shut up. If you want to sing, sing at a normal time when everyone is still awake!"

•If you go to AU you should be able to name the oceans, know that Canada is not a separate continent and that yes, Morocco is in Africa...come on ladies it's not funny to be stupid

•@ The person who "KNOWS AN RA WHO HAS A THING FOR A 17 YEAR OLD GIRL ON HIS FLOOR" OMG he actually does? If this is who I'm thinking of then please please tell him to stop!! It's really freaking me out, I'm scared to walk down the hall in a towel!! We all thought he was gay for a long time but now I'm just scared.

•did he study abroad in Kenya last year, spring semester?: No he didn't, not to my knowledge

•@ ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A PA? OR AN RA? : It's our RA!!!

•Could someone explain to me how those box meals work? I've never gotten one, but they seem super convenient, but I don't want to be that idiot who has no idea what to do. [Editor's Note: Fill one of the collapsible boxes with a sandwich, a drink and three other items, all for a meal swipe. If you get one of the kosher, pre-packaged boxes, that comes with a coffee or a soda. Ranters, did I miss anything?]

•I find being from New York or New Jersey a character flaw.

•"So just wondering - how many of the male employees at phonathon are gay or bi? I've recently discovered that nearly all of the female employees are! Curious to compare."

•I am hungry [Editor's Note: Talk to box lunch ranter from earlier. He/she will hook you up.]

•@" I get excited whenever I get to use the compost organic waste bin" Me too! I'm so glad someone else feels the same way!

•Passing by the gym tonight i saw someone with a kogod shirt on working out. as an SIS major who has struggled with understanding finance classes for over 2 semesters, seeing that shirt sickened me. Kogod students should be conscious of the fact that I have struggled with finance even if they're good at it. Maybe one way to solve this pressing campus issue would be to have all SIS-student gym hours, to prevent me from feeling uncomfortable by seeing Kogod students flaunting their Kogod shirts.

•Yesterday I noticed a room in Letts facing Bender that has a Phi Sig Sig sign on the window and a pair of Fischer RC4 SL skis next to it. I must meet the person who lives there...

•re: article about students getting hit on mass ave. "Loving-Bagwell said" "Regan said" - it's like a broken record, but with terrible lyrics too. where was your editor??? [Editor's Note: Good question. That's our style and the style of the Associated Press. Most of the time, it helps focus the reader (we hope) on what is said, not the attribution. It's particularly important that we say where the information came from, since we didn't have a reporter on the scene when it happened. Hope that answers your question!]

•The best part of my day was when the Subway lady didn't know how to make a BMT, and she gave me double meat and I didn't have to pay. What has my life become?