Eagle Rants: December 5, 2012

• That Stoodel website looks really cool... I can really relate to the confessions... is it the new Queen of the Quad?

• @thirsty girl in Anderson: that is veeeeeery interesting.. floor? ;)

• Why is everyone so offended over the littlest things? Why can't I joke about something politically incorrect and laugh about it? Get over yourselves and don't be so sensitive. Part of life is being able to laugh at yourself even if it stereotypical and insensitive. Life will be much easier if you don't take everything so seriously. Just saying.

• @ "mental illnesses that are triggered by the environment, rather than simply nature, are still mental illnesses. 2. more importantly, you just implied that people with mental disorders are “Others” who “depart from the expected.” This made me angry because you reinforced a terrible stigma associated with one group while self-righteously defending another group." : I don't think you quite grasped what I was trying to say/how I was saying it. The WORD "disorder" has implications. That is what I said, and nothing more.

• @PTSD “dis-order:” Amen. Thank you, you hit the nail on the head. Was that a penny on the Ethiopian?

• @" How long is The Eagle going to run “The Top 30 Reasons I’m Glad I Have POTS” on the front page?" Just for you, till then end of time. We have your IP so we can backtrace it and we will call the cyberpolice. You done goofed, son.

• dear people in the basement of the library, if you make eye contact with someone in need of you to open the door entering from SIS, please make the kind and respectful decision to walk 5 steps to open the door. i would do the same for you. shocks me how selfish people can be sometimes.

• @" I ship the two Republicans in my comm class." haaaaaa

• People here at AU need to learn basic bulletin board etiquette. *Please* don't take down/cover up a poster unless it's for an event that's already happened, no matter how much passive aggression you have towards CUFI, SJP, CAUS, AU SUB, SG, or any other group. Can we have a cease-fire on the bulletin boards please?

• Has anyone also been seeing that guy who looks just like Anwar from Skins (UK, of course)? (He's taller and skinnier though).

• I'm one of those annoying hipsters who listens to obscure music but I do have to say, Ke$ha's new album is amazing.

• @"He's been ignoring me for a few days now. Do you think he will forgive me?" Make him think the pussycat doesn't get any better than you. If he thinks all other pussycats are inferior and tertiary, you win. Now gimme twenty dollars.

• There's a really cute blonde guy with glasses who always wears plaid and always has a ginormous backpack. Anyone know who he is? He possibly lives in the Berks.

• shut uppppp

• @it’s possible to be fat and still be healthy (see powerlifters) 100 EagleBuck$ says that you're just overweight and not an olympic athlete.

• I have this thing for one of my DRs... let me love you!

• where did you get your dress China

• @republican shipper bahahahahahahaha you go, you fangirl/boy/other. rock on!

• @"So is the new AmLit going to be online?" who posted a couple days ago: There are stacks and stacks of AmLits in MGC (near the stairwell), and they should be in the lobby of every dorm (if you can get in) and even the berks and the avalon and the kay and the dav and the library and EVERYWHERE! Finding a hard copy is probably a better strategy than waiting for it to come online.... :P

• SPA is not ravenclaw get out that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard you are not a real person.

• Are there any straight, outgoing guys out there actually looking for a relationship rather just a hook up? Can't seem to find one and I'm wondering if they still exist!

• SPA is not Ravenclaw. Did you not see my rant properly assigning every school to a house? SPA will have the most politicians/people who want power for the sake of power, and therefore is Slytherine. CAS will have the most academics, and therefore is Ravenclaw. Just accept it and move on.

• Chris Brown may be an ass, but I'd be lying if I said "Forever" wasn't my jam. dance for-evah evah evah

• You're a female accounting major. you still haven't made full disclosure about being attracted to girls, or guys, or both. neither of us have talked to each other in a nonacademic setting. Is it awkward now? Give me your number next time I see you, so we can bury the hatchet on either this awkwardness, or an unbearable amount of sexual tension.

• I'm so sick of my friend group here treating me like crap, but I'm a sophomore and feel like everyone's already got their groups, that it's too late to join a whole new one. What thinks you, ranters? Where's a good place to meet people?

• @To the group of four who were talking about their bowl movements and awkward bathroom moments in TDR ~what the heck is a bowl movement? I know what a bowel movement is but...

• Update to my rant submitted a few hours ago. 1:24AM. You (male) got up, put your laptop into your "Used Saves" black canvas bag, and walked away from your table. You were wearing grey champion mesh shorts. Literally if I (fyi male) were you and I saw this I'd think I was a huge creeper. I'm sorry I'm just stressed and can't look at my computer or read any more articles. You're hot kk bye.

• I have a huuge crush on this really cool photographer guy. For now I will pine and laugh at his hilarious FB statuses and comments, but after break I will force myself to make a move.

• @want to tell her: tell her she's beautiful, it's something that every girl hopes to hear!!! No matter how awkward you think it will be, you're more than likely to make her day.

• Im a failure.

• Dance team girls are hot. just saying. don't hate on their hair flipping.

• Okay seriously, guys looking for sex need to stop responding to girls who respond to the original rant I posted reaching out to girls as if they're the author. It's really douchey.

• To the fine sir or madam who put up the brilliant Marcus Aurelius quote: Keep on at it!

• Wanna hear a joke? President Obama is a peace-loving president.

• To the fool who has aparently booked his life through to December 24 and claims that's the excuse he can't ask out the girl he likes: Man up. Prioritize your life. If you truly care about her, ask her out. No brainer, dude. Seriously.

• #1 Reason not to hook up in college: your future spouse won't necessarily know what you did and with how many people, but you will. Don't put yourself through that. Waiting is worth it.

• Gay guy who claims vaginal odour is why he's gay: Uhm, dude, as if ass smells any better? SMH. . .

• You're not going to die alone. Invisible bonds of chemistry and deep-rooted attraction unite the world. Once you know yourself better, you'll find it easier to tap into this ever-present but ever-shifting energy source. Also, I've never met you, but you have a beautiful soul. Really

• Hooking up is not a good path for you. If you keep drinking and trying to get with other guys to forget him, you'll only hate yourself because you know deep down you're not that kind of girl. You are beautiful inside and out. Don't lose your inner beauty and grace by behaving like this. You know better. He still loves you. Just reach out to him. You've nothing to lose.

• @"The fact that I was your booty call and was okay with it"- the fact that you're questioning and trying to reassure yourself should show you that you know you're really not okay with it. . . .

• "Wait I want sex everyday too. Why can't people just offer me sex when I ask them?" (Girl who asked me to mount her like a mechanical bull.) Hi, I'm the actual poster of the original comment you responded to. Your response made me laugh outloud :) No Pringles cans necessary hahaha

• @"I totally get that. My HS BF and I had a regular schedule and being single leaves me totally frustrated!"- Original poster here. I miss regular sex soo much!!!

• Dear person who responded to my interest in finding a regular sex partner with the words Barney Stinson, fat chicks and Caligula: I'm still crying from laughing so much. Also, as a matter of conscience and aesthetics, I don't seek out heavy girls for sex. Though I always try to be nice to them. . .

• @you sound hilarious! I'm in!!! P.s no need to pay me in Pringles cannisters Lol-- I'm the guy who posted the original rant. Way to put yourself in someone else's rant conversation.

• Some "biblical scholars" have their own agendas. St Paul condemns homosexual activity , not orientation, in very harsh terms, while Jesus never mentioned it.

• She doesn't even go here!

• OMG I LOVE LAYING NAKED IN MY BED TOO!

• You're so cute. I've never met a guy with such lovely eyes. You're so nice to me, and I really want you to kiss me, but I'm worried you think I'm just a friend with a weird ex bf.

• Man I'm watching Freaks and Geeks and Lindsey and Nick are perfect but Nick got all creepy and obsessive and I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS WHY DO ANGSTY '90S THINGS INCITE SO MANY FEELINGS plus Sam and Cindy are rocky like sigh only the good die young

• He wasn't clingy, you just wanted to justify your treating him bad. I know what it means to be with a clingy person, and he was never like that toward you. You took him for granted and let him down when he needed you most. It's clear you've got major commitment issues. Figure out yourself and stop telling lies about him, because word gets around and you sound pathetic. You need to grow up.

• @girl wondering why guys don't talk to her after hooking up: nothing is necessarily wrong with you, but they either used you or they feel guilt about it. Either way, maybe stop hooking up and see if you can find a guy who truly treasures you as someone made in God's image.

• @I honestly have no idea if it's really obvious that I'm into you or not"-- any clues on who you are or who you like? I really like one girl and I'm hoping she likes me!

• @"Any hints" about reaching out to a person you like: if you like or miss them, just reach out to them. You'll be glad you did.

• AU Compliments is on Facebook and it's adorable.

• The girl working in the Mudbox cafe who flirted with me around 3pm Tuesday: You're really beautiful. Can't get you out of my head!

• @keeps blocking their ex on Facebook chat to see if s/he has blocked them /"This has to stop but I just can't. I know you saw me today. I miss you." -- maybe s/he didn't see you. If you miss them, just reach out to them! Really! They might really miss you too.

• @ I felt like I had wasted my time with you but you ended up making me less reserved about going after what I want: I hope this wasn't for me. Your comment was really selfish and insulting. You sound like you just used your ex and didn't care about them at all. What are you doing? What, what, WHAT are you doing?!?!"" Seriously. Remember that you have a soul.

• @I love you. There I said it. Too bad you will never know it-- don't be like that and waste an opportunity to potentially be with the love of your life. You'll regret it.

• @I know your ex-girlfriend was a bit demanding. Maybe you should move on to a fun, relaxing relationship with me--- any hints on who this is haha?

• @We girls sniff our underwear at the end of the day before we put it in the hamper. Ya, it's a thing: Okay that's seriously one of the hottest things I've ever heard. Thank you hahaha!

• Person looking for daily finals relief sex: Just ask them directly. The worst thing they'll say is no and you can pass it off as kidding around.

• @Why does she let you do certain things but she opposes BC: I'm not sure, but it's part of our religious upbringing. Though so too is the prohibition on premarital sex, sooo. . . .

• Hi Thirsty Anderson Girl :)

• @Nope. That's a deal maker. Are you free Friday?"-- Sorry I'm not! :( hopefully we can meet up next week!

• @props to the tall guy whose face made you want to smile: As a tall guy, on behalf of my fellow tall males, thanks for the compliment haha

• @hook-up never want to see me again: I know someone exactly like that and could be you for all I know but there's probably nothing wrong with you just that you haven't met the right guy or barring that maybe you get a bit clingy?

• Hahahaha I 'unfriended' you. YOU SUCK!

• A year ago today I cheated on you and I still don't regret it.

• I hope the Study room campers on the second floor of the library fail horribly

• Why is mitt Romney on the second floor of the library?

• Collegiate ACB makes me sick. The worst part is having people think I've posted on it

• People think I've written some awful things on Collegiate ACB :-( I've never posted on there

• I don't just like you anymore, but I won't say it first.

• @naked in bed - I got back a few days before my roommates...so free!!

• I don't think I realized how much I miss AU/DC until I went to graduate school elsewhere. I'm turning into Phoebe from The Magic School Bus.

• @ "SEXUAL TENSION GRRAAAAHHHH *sigh* well time to masturbate and then feel disgusted with myself emotionally" Nothing wrong with masturbating, you shouldn't feel emotionally disgusted with yourself.

• Nothing amused me more today than listening to two girls from California speak exactly like they do on SNL's "The Californians." I guess Californians do speak only in directions.

• SIS international dinner, purple singing group with the paradise and wake up thing, the guy in the middle with the side part and maroon sweather, are you straight? and you're hot!

• roomate, i hate you, stop thinking you're awesome, that you're hot, stop bringing guys back and start taking care of yourself. not everyone loves you

• I hope you see what you've done to me, and I hope you feel bad about it.

• Does every black person know each other here at AU? I swear I was sitting in MGC sitting near two girls and piles of other black kids kept coming by and hanging out with them.

• I've never been more stressed in my life. - I work so hard but just don't feel like my work is paying off.

• Why am I so unhappy in my long-distance relationship? This relationship has been long-distance for three years, but now... I just don't know... I wish someone with all the answers, or even, heck, ANY answer, would help me.

• My first memory of you will always be my favorite. It was such an impressionable memory that I nicknamed you Nice Girl. That was how I first identified you. For as long as my memory holds out, I will remember how you looked at me and how you treated me. It may have meant little to you, but it meant so much to me. AU Freshmen, as the semester ends, how do you look back at Welcome Week and those first impressionable moments of college?

• pale nerdy girls with cute faces why do I always date you.

• Whenever I see you we make awkward eye contact. You live on South Side, you're in Greek life, and you're absolutely beautiful. Sorry I haven't been able to say anything to you, but I hope your finals go well =).

• I'll fall in love, you'll fall in love. It could mean everything, everything to me.