Sunday, June 23, 2024

TV Pick: Parenthood

Now in its fourth season, NBC’s excellent and low-rated family drama “Parenthood” is a must-watch for anyone seeking a potent mixture of heart, humor and genuine pathos.

Following the extensive Braverman family through periods of emotionally wrenching conflict (an alcoholic ex-husband, a young son with Asperger’s, transitions to college and work) and lighthearted comedy (frequent ribbing from Grandpa Zeek and Grandma Camille or Adam’s attempts at “hip” behavior), the writing on “Parenthood” has a degree of sensitivity and honesty that is a rare find in glossy Hollywood entertainment.

Executive produced by Jason Katims, formerly of the renowned tearjerker “Friday Night Lights,” “Parenthood” is anchored by a terrific cast including Lauren Graham, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Monica Potter and Craig T. Nelson. Sitcom legend Ray Romano is currently guest-starring as Sarah Braverman’s employer, Hank, a gruff photography consultant.

mlieberman@theeagleonline.com

As the semester comes to an end and one of the founding members leaves American University, Section 202 has decided to take a trip down memory lane. For our fans, old and new, who are wondering how Section 202 came to be, this episode is a must. Listen along as hosts Connor Sturniolo and Liah Argiropoulos reminisce about the beginning of Section 202 and how it got to where it is now.