Eagle Rants: October 1, 2012

• Open Mic Guy, Sounds good-see you then!

• Hey you on Anderson 2N...you always leave your door open and you seem really sweet. I'd love to be friends but don't want to be creepy...

• ASSHATASSHATASSHAT NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER

• @facebook album photos: Thanks for replying. It would be awesome if I could drag and drop them to put them back in the right order. But they will not move unless I update them (thus moving them to the top). Are you really able to drag and drop them? How?! I haven’t found any online evidence of this technology either. Please share your secret…

• Thanks for posting the 9/30 rants at a reasonable time Editor. Kudos to you. :)

• I wish ABC family had a mobile app to watch live steam videos like on the Disney Channel app and the Disney Junior app.That would make my life.

• "You’re just dragging this out and even you know it" - Woman who married the man with the world's largest shlong.

• @Dirka Dirka -- The movie you are referring to is TEAM AMERICA!!!

• EAGLE RANTS Y U NO RANTS???

• EAGLE RANTS Y U NO MORE THAN 100 WORDS??

• @pastabilities poster: you are a pun star. well done.

• Yesterday, I bought a Plan B pill at CVS. With Eaglebucks. #winning

• asexual = not interested in sex. some people are really squicked out by the idea, other people just... aren't interested. like if I had a choice between cake and sex, I'd pick cake. annnd I don't think we're looking for "prospective partners." just... other people like us.

• "Can someone please explain this whole asexy thing?" Essentially, that's the way I feel about it. I have no sex drive--I'll have sex if my partner wants me to, but it doesn't do anything for me. It's not just about dating, though--a lot of other people (even people of minority sexualities) tend to claim asexuality isn't valid, so it can be intimidating to tell ANYONE you're ace, not just people you're interested in.

• @Centennial water problem: You can 2fix that. We had a problem about water temp, and it was fixed in a few days. :)

• That feeling when you read the Rants too fast, and then you realize there are none left and now you have no excuse to not do your homework.

• All the other Mitt Romneys are just masturbating.

• Feminists suck.

• The dav does have pumpkin spice lattes...

• I thought you were cute but youre with another girl. Another day in my life...

• @Hot water in centennial. you must not have lived in letts last year. be happy its on the warm side of lukewarm, and not the luke skywalker on hoth side of lukewarm.

• OH THE PASTABILITIES.

• netflix is really the devil in a really cleverly marketed affordably packaged disguise.

• i'd tap that

• lols i never had braces, and my teeth are perfect ;D

• i wish i could re-read all the rants that ive ever written. i bet there are some reaaal good ones in there

• im just going to rant multiple times in a row so there are lots and lots of rants tommorrow starting in 3. . .2...1

• why do all my posters keep falling off the wall even after poster tac, double sitck tape, duct tape, scotch tape etc etc etc

• You're a really attractive resident at the hall I work at and I want to talk to you more, but I don't know how to go about it. I wish you'd just take the time to stop and have a real conversation with me while I'm working.

• It's not that I don't find you attractive, I just think it would have been too awkward if we hooked up. I mean, I see you too often and we are friends.

• it makes me sad that there are so many people that know good places to cry! If you ever need a shoulder to cry on or just a hug, come to Anderson 6S...everyone here is really nice!

• @I just wish they weren’t so annoyed by me being ugly and kind of quiet.- You sound like a really nice girl and honestly it make ME sad you refer to yourself as ugly. Sounds like you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. Just because you care about them doesn't mean they're worth caring about.

• I'm sad that you're dating someone, and I'm not sure if I can hang out with you anymore. We clearly want different things from this relationship.

• Married? I know people get married young but honestly, of all the reasons I figured it wouldn't work, that one didn't cross my mind. Epic fail.

• Any other girls prefer lots of hook-ups to relationships? I just hate committment and love sex. Its just awkward when you're in an elevator with multiple people you've hooked up with. I don't know I'm just sick of people caring, or feeling like if I have sex with them then that means I want to be their girlfriend.

• I have so many friends and I'm so lonely. #firstworldproblem

• You said you don't date....which really means you're holding out for some particular girl. Ugh.

• Denny, don't you have something to do?

• i almost miss sobriety...not

• inspired by sexy sax man on spring break with marine animals

• sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't drift away from each other

• girl with curly red hair-thanks for smiling at me on the quad. you made my day :)

• Had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. seriously underwhelmed.

• SKINAMARINKY DINKY DINK SKINAMARINKY DOO

• "nobody cares about sexism and racism" except when it directly affects you and makes your day to day life painful and potentially dangerous. stay pressed white boy!!

• this is the second weekend in a row the frat brothers at the frat i want to pledge have gotten me really drunk. sadly, i made a fool out of myself both times. looks like i'll be GDI-ing it up next semester :/

• @What’s a girl gotta do to get a proposal?: Have you talked about future plans? Ideas about marriage? Thought about asking yourself? We're not living in an Jane Austen novel here! - married female grad student

• You mean I can't get paid for looking at Facebook all day? Lame.

• @sororitygirl-you are probably seeing the situation as much worse than it really is. You need to feel beautiful and confident to just be you and let people love you for who you are. If these girls don't then they are not worth the time or money you invest into them. If you radiate confidence people are naturally drawn to you, so slap on some mascara and kill it today!

• The New Media Center is literally a lifesaver! Thanks for saving me (literally) HOURS of work! You guys are the best!

• Whipits are extremely bad for you. I'm speaking as the family member of a person with a nitrous oxide addiction. Please don't do that to your loved ones. Watch the Steve-O documentary if you need more evidence (it's free online).

• Just read the second part of your rant, and yes, they are bad for your body. But I'd like to add a healthy f*** you for not caring about the affect drug use has on the people around you.

• @Guy who doesn't find racism and sexism funny - I'm a minority. It's still hilarious.

• OH MY GOD, watching CSI does not qualify you to talk about the criminal justice system.

• I used to be in the "nice girl sorority" and I got tired of people not wanting to know anything about me while I tried so hard to be their friends. I was just too quiet for them. If you're not comfortable, than you should leave, just remember that if you have made some friends, they will still want to be your friend even if you aren't paying $300 a semester.

• I love noodles. I can't stop thinking about them.

• @brother needing a haircut - if you've got some dough and are looking for something super fancy try the Glynn Jones salon in Dupont. I went there last year (and back home I live in a super white area and haven't had one positive haircutting experience in my entire life, haha). It was great! It's $55 for a cut though so if you're not doing something radical I'd look for a mom-and-pop barber shop or something. Yelp has some reviews for 'ethnic' hair salons in DC - give it a try!

• I don't want to go to class anymore. I can't. I just can't. No no no no.

• TWO DAYS UNTIL THE SUPERNATURAL SEASON 8 PREMIERE! Whoop whoop whoop who's with me? Wednesday at 9pm on the CW!!!

• @bus ride from hell - why was it so hellish?

• People who chew their gum like a cow on the silent floor bother me. It's not *so* loud that I can legitimately complain about it, but it's also really gross.

• Blue Dress Shirt MGC: Sweetheart, I couldn't hear a word you said - something about an article? Sorry, had my earbuds in, but I'm glad you've been reading the eagle too! Say Hi around campus. - Black Hoodie, Oct. 1

• The fact that you might have a thing for me baffles me, but it would be amazing if it came to fruition. But there are still obstacles to overcome..

• I've had more work this semester for my gen eds than my major requirements. #sophomore slump

• @what if a god gets tired of being a god and quits or dies. Are you serious? First of all, why would God want to quit being the supreme being in the universe? Second of all, God can't die. Period.

• @ girls in my sorority hate me. I'm so sorry-sororities can be really fun but also full of drama and back-stabbing. If you do care for your sisters, go on one-on-one dates with them and show them that you are interested in their lives. If you keep showing them kindness, they can't speak badly of you. Plus it's a lot easier to get someone to like you one-on-one than in larger groups.

• Sometimes I worry that I'm too Asian. I feel like I should start getting A-'s and play football while eating fried chicken or something just to break out of the stereotype...

• We go to such a small school with such a small campus. How is it that we haven't run into each other yet, but I run into your friends all the time?

• @ So many stupid liberals to laugh at, so little time. At least there are plenty of conservatives to laugh at as well!!

• I could marry you

• What is wrong with TDR?

• The Phonathon IS a real job. Stop complaining about me helping raise money for the school you attend, and I apologize my trust fund doesn't do everything except wipe my a** for me.

• I love how the lonely people think ranting about it on a website will make them less lonely. Yup, you're def. on the right track!

• monday stop pooping on me! RUDE

• She's starting to take me for granted, maybe I should let her deal with an asshole for a while and realize what she had.

• Italy, I admit your men may be sexy, but only their backs. That's all I ever see as they run away from, well, pretty much anything. The Germans, when they're not violating my borders, are at least willing to fight (and let's be honest, with your and my war history [mostly yours], our best bet is to join up with stronger countries). England *would* reference butter because that's the only food they can manage to serve without ruining it. And as for Russia...well, *they* know amazing alcohol (as do we). ~France P.S. Y'know who has talented fingers? Austria. ;)

• collge repubs hav the hawtest men

• That awkward moment when you shave your pubes and the hair gets really short and sharp and pokes you in right where your thigh meets your underwear ALL. DAMN. DAY.

• Lindsey, The past two years have been the best two years of my entire life. I love you so much, and I can't imagine my life without you. Together, we've been through good times and bad. I've never had a doubt in my mind that you were the girl for me. You're intelligent, beautiful, and kind. You're the best person that I've ever known. This isn't a real marriage proposal I just thought I'd liven up eaglerants. And that's why I want you to be my wife. Lindsey, will you marry me? -Michael

• I hate when you finally finish something and are just looking over it, and then the internet decides to DESTROY IT ALL FOREVER. I'm so mad right now.

• @whippets, Nope, perfectly fine as long as you aren't driving while doing em.

• Open Mic Guy, I'm pretty sure I sent a reply yesterday, so this might be a repeat (I think the Eagle Rants editor must screen me or something), but yes, Tuesday, 3:30, Dav. For recognition purposes, I will be sitting at one of the tables outside reading a book (probably The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). -Me

• (Oh, and by the way, I'm incredibly nervous about this meetup thing). -Me

• Dear roommate, I'm not mad, but PLEASE refrain from opening the door when I have no shirt on in the future. I don't want anyone on our floor to see me in my bra and I think the feeling is mutual.

• I've been sexiling my roommate one or two nights a week more or less every week since school started. It has to be done, and it has to be done in my room because my girlfriend has two roommates and it's easier to get rid of one person than two, and my roommate never EVER complains, but I still feel awful...

• I'd like to apologize to my dorm neighbors for playing the same three songs over and over again for days. I know it's annoying, but on the bright side, at least it's not terrible music.

• #barefoot4lyfe

• I wish there was a way to reward the top contributor to Eagle Rants.

• We're hardly a month into the year, it's way too early for your dramarama and getting stressed out.

• Perch doesn't open until 8:30 on Monday : (

• Okay, this has been bothering me for weeks now. I was hoping I would see you on campus and I would recognize you, but it hasn't happened. So, Eagles, I need your help, I must find the Vodka Fairy. Respond if you have heard of him.

• Everyone says it would be so simple for me to just ask you to dinner. Every time I see you, though, I have so many doubts. Why would a guy like you ever like a girl like me?

• Going to be late for a meeting because I can't stop watching John Mayer videos.

• hot guys at the gym.. love me

• Wtf was the guy dressed as a pharaoh? He was everywhere!

• What is this Eagle rants and how do you rant? [Editor’s Note: nailed it]

• Wanted to bring my compression socks to the gym, but accidentally grabbed a pair of black dress socks instead. #aucrossfitproblems

• Why must a random person yell/grunt from the windows of Anderson-Centennial every single night?!

• Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone was as blunt in person as they are in Eagle Rants?

• Ranty ranty ranting. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a rant." "I'm going to make him a rant he can't refuse." "You don't understand! I coulda had rants. I coulda been a ranter. I could've been somebody, instead of a rant, which is what I am." "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Rantsville anymore." "Here's looking at you, rant." "Go ahead, make my rant." "All right, Mr. DeRant, I'm ready for my close-up." "May the Rants be with you." "Fasten your seatrants. It's going to be a ranty night." "You rantin' to me?"

• I get that it's a pride thingggggg, but is it worth it to pay to stick aroundddddd?

• It is so aggravating that you are so good looking and I am so freshman and you are so senior.

• Mysterious boy who said bless you to me when I sneezed on the quiet floor loudly, to which I then responded thank you loudly, we're so brave. Let's be friends.

• @ The girl who feels like she doesn't fit in with her sorority - Ditto! And the tough part is is that my sorority DOES have the reputation of being, um, social. I'm quieter, I like to stay in, and for a while I felt really really out of place. The important thing is to remember that you don't have to be friends with everyone. I genuinely respect every girl in my sisterhood and I can only hope that in return, they respect me and my choices. Keep your chin up!

• I would really like to hang out with you more but I work with your ex girlfriend and I would fear for my life. You think I'm joking...

• still wondering why i have yet to receive my absentee ballot...i applied for it in august #ijustwannavote

• I gave you your first kiss last year and since then you've grown up. A lot. I wish I could be another first for you

• What time are eagle rants supposed to be up every night?

• HOLY COW. TDR made me so sick today. Please tell me I'm not the only one. And my meat was even cooked all the way. Why, why, why? (And it made me sick several times last week too. Not cool, Kerwin, not cool.)

• I get depressed when it's 15 minutes to midnight and the rants still aren't up... WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!?!