TV Pick: How I Met Your Mother

A self-proclaimed “love story in reverse,” “How I Met Your Mother” follows a rather simple premise: a father tells his kids the story of how he met their mother.

As told through flashbacks and narration, this often simple story has evolved into one of the most complicated and hilarious love stories ever told. The protagonist, Ted Mosby, takes on two roles throughout the show, as the narrator (voiced by Bob Saget, “Full House”) telling the story to his two kids in the year 2030 and as a young architect (Josh Radnor, “Happythankyoumoreplease”) facing the modern dating scene in New York City in the present.

Starting with a simple premise, the creators and writers have turned the show in to one of the most innovative comedies to date. Unlike most TV sitcoms, “How I Met Your Mother” is moving toward an ending that the writers have been teasing the audience about since Season one. The question of “When are we going to meet the mother?” may at times irritate the audience into madness, but the characters, scenarios and the life lessons that Mosby has taught the audience remind viewers that they are excited to listen to one more story before he reveals that legendary moment.

And with CBS pushing for a ninth season, this love story may not be over quite yet.