Eagle Rants May 5, 2012

•@Wedding troubles: it is your and your boyfriend's wedding, not your brother's or sister's. Do what you want to do, and if they ever get married, they can plan their weddings whatever way they want. This will be a memory that will last forever. Don't let your wishes and memories be shaped by what other people want you to do.

•Stop with the biddie hate, being a biddie is fun, try it sometime.

•@ "Is it through really tight squeezing and then it just morphs shape like play dough?" That's just man's natural defense mechanism against needy women.

•@ Guy who wore biking spandex into The Dav. Of all the people you had to bend over in front of you chose me. I have one question. WHY?!

•@Allison DuBois: I’m not saying that they didn’t use it in court, I’m saying that mostly everyone that she claims to have worked with openly deny that fact or say she wasn’t helpful at all, not just in court. One officer even stated that she was trying to get information off of him. This all draws one huge FAKE sign in my head.

•@Allison DuBois cont’d: mind DNA? You’re really just throwing anything out there to try and make sense. If she had some new kind of DNA, why doesn’t she let scientists test her DNA? Or study her brain for a few days until she gets a vision? That would surely give us some answers and probably lead to a huge breakthrough in our understanding of the brain. But no, she just writes books and goes on tour and tells people how to do it herself. And no, one guy at the University of Phoenix who studies psychics doesn’t mean anything.

•@Allison DuBois cont’d: If you want to believe its real, you must first believe that souls and ghosts and goblins exist. It doesn’t matter how much you watch “Ghost Hunters” and think that's real too, there is absolutely zero scientific evidence that any of that stuff exists. What is easier to believe, that this woman really has supernatural powers, or that she is deceiving everyone to further her career? No, there’s no way ANY human would do the latter, right? Just like every other fairy tale, I will believe its real when there is actual, empirical, scientific evidence for it.

•@Allison DuBois (one last time): If its Allison's policy that nobody can say she worked with them, then that should really be another red flag. And yes, I can create visions in my head whenever I want. I can call them dreams too if I felt like. And your comparison with washing hands before delivering babies doesn't work because its actually testable and verifiable.

•“Pseudoscience speaks to powerful emotional needs that science often leaves unfulfilled. It caters to fantasies about personal powers we lack and long for.” -Carl Sagan

•@ "Hey Eagle reporters....get over yourself!" As a "contributing" writer to The Eagle who used to work at a Community College paper, yes, they are The New York Times. [Editor's note: Aw, thanks, Eaglet!]

•I posted a rant regarding Sarah McBride that was not hateful, just simply posing the other side of the argument and how I don't necessarily understand it but that got censored.. so I think your censoring rules are bogus you just censor anything bad regarding McBride [Editor's note: When it comes to this topic, Sarah is being considered a private figure. No one deserves to have everyone comment on their gender and sexuality.]

•My roommate/best friend is possibly transferring next semester to a better school but hasn't gotten a letter yet.. I have to leave without knowing if I'll see her next year and I don't know how to tell her how amazing she is and how much she has changed my life

•All McBride did as SG president (as it seems by the Eagle article) is work towards issues with LGBT.. while important, really? that's all he did? kind of biased..

•If I wasn't at AU, I'd still be at University of Maryland (I transferred). It makes me sad when people bitterly complain about AU. You guys really have no idea how good you have it.

•Nice spamming,SG senators. As someone who DOESN'T work for the Eagle, and used to be a senator, I'll second their report- You guys are awful. You take credit for things you had barely anything to do with, you pass moronic resolutions (TAMPON, anyone?) and you generally think this is an episode of West Wing. So yeah, hop off. But also, I believe there were TWO SG reporters and they were both really nice. The other one had to leave to take a SG position. But let's give credit where credit is due- good work Zoey too!

•lol @DG salute. Their little groin to butt line thing is basically tetris with sorority girls... not attractive.

•@I wish I hadn't wasted so much time in the beginning of the semester trying to be friends with one group of people: I feel the exact same way. Next year I hope to be a lot more outgoing and meet a lot more people.

•??????!! ??????!! :) (I don't speak enough to tell you to have a good time but hope you did! I'm leaving in a month!!)

•@Werewolf syndrome: Better be careful. On Cinco de Mayo we're going to have the largest full moon of the year.

•@. I’m just an average guy w/ Werewolf syndrome -- I'm an AU student and I don't care if you have hypertrichosis.

•So, if Sarah McBride is a girl now, is she still allowed to be in SigEp? [Editor's note: She disaffiliated.]

•@Wish I could just have a hook up for finals week, I need some way to get rid of all this stress... Tell me about it. I totally agree.

•You are being watched. The government has a secret system: a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror, but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered irrelevant. They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up...we'll find you

•@person mad at editor for censoring McBride rants Why not just post your comments on the actual article? You can create a fake email address when making your screen name. I'm not defending censorship, but worth a try? [Editor's note: Any Rants that are derogatory or hateful will be removed from The Eagle's website. If you want to post derogatory and hateful comments, post them on your on your own website, blog, Facebook, etc.]

•PS Editor: Define hateful. [Editor's note: Full of hate. Distasteful. Malignant. Etc.]

•AU Vigilante, Will you be wearing a cape? Please wear a cape.

•Who is Sarah McBride? Is she related to Tim McBride? -confused alum again [Editor's note: SG President Sarah McBride came out as transgender this week. As she identifies as female, she asked to be called Sarah.]

•@Werewolf Syndrome guy: I'm an average girl and I like sports and DVDs too. I was born with Tinkerbell Syndrome and every night I turn into a slutty (and slightly neuritic) fairy. Especially on weekends. I think we should be friends. And maybe more. ;)

•Last question of the year for a next day response from the eagle rants community: What is the key to happiness? You can name up to 3 things.

•Rolie Polie Olie is back on the air. Don't lie, you know you loved it as a kid. It's on Disney Junior channel. FTW.

•If you had one month left to live, what would you do?

•Why am I so lonely?

•@person asking for show suggestions after Desperate Housewives ends: Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Scandal

•You know when finals week is getting the best of you when Eagle Rants are your reward for finishing a paper....

•How come people tell you not to stand in front of an emergency exit when if there was an emergency surely you would run through it? Why did Sally sell seashells on the seashore when you can just pick them up anyway? In libraries, do they put the bible in the fiction or non-fiction section? Why are both of Spongebob's parents round like sea sponges while he is square like a kitchen sponge? Does a two-humped camel store more water than a one-humped camel? If you pamper a cow, do you get spoiled milk?

•why is tomorrow the last day of daily rant? wouldn't daily rants end with finals, so Tuesday at the earliest? Any clarification would be greatly apprecoited. [Editor's note: The incoming EIC chose Monday, May 7.]

•To the girl ranting about us in SIS: Forever alone? #sorrynotsorry

•Sarah McBride is brave and awesome, but people at this university need to check their privilege. She is a trans female who is white & upper-middle class, and that was probably the biggest reason why she was accepted with such fervor. Other minorities at this university don't get to feel the love so much.

•you know when it is Finals Week when the reward on a Friday night after finishing a paper is...Eagle Rants :x

•@"Did you have the “find my iphone” function" No, it downloaded when I plugged in the iphone and put all the apps I'd had on my iTouch on it, and I sorta figured it would just work, but I never actually got a chance to check it. I was busy and had only had the phone just over a week.

•@son of policeman: Please ask him to find my iPhone. The serial number is C39GR3X6DTDG, and the phone number was (410) 814 1354 but probably doesnt work anymore - I'm assuming they got their own plan after my mum shut off my service (EDITOR, I don't know if I'm allowed to post my phone number, but I promise it doesnt work and if I'm not, you could just delete the last half of this rant..)

•@AU Vigilante: You should add theft prevention and thief punishment to your list of services. Also, please help me get my iPhone back. I will pay you in love and cookie-dough brownies.

•You know what SG should do? SOMETHING ABOUT ALL OF THE STOLEN PROPERTY!

•Do you guys seriously not have anything better to do in the summer to read rants all day? Once a week is just fine :)

•Type your rant here! durnk eagle ranting i s os PSOO fun you have no idea nad the KEYBOARDS ARE SO SOFT UNDER M Y FINGASZZZ. ya digg yo:)))

•Lightening bugs make me very happy!

•The wars and killings need to end. The drug prohibition needs to end. The attacks on civil liberties need to end. Submit an anonymous email to the Ron Paul campaign (through their contact page on their website) and tell him to endorse Gary Johnson for president after the GOP primaries end. He has already endorsed Johnson when Johnson ran and won his race for Governor. Don’t let the ideas of Ron Paul die with his campaign after Romney gets the nomination.

•The era of us versus them (democrats blaming republicans, republicans blaming democrats) needs to end. The perfect time is now for the rising up of a rational third party option. Gary Johnson 2012!

•They Jim Grey vs Bill O'Rielly video on youtube is too funny.

•@"Assuming the rant was not jointly written by two friendless people, the plural pronoun “they’ve” does not go with the singular noun “OP”. You’re welcome." I am a fan of the OP's use of "they" because it's gender-neutral, and it's often used in the context of a singular pronoun - rarely do I find that meaning is lost or misunderstood in this case. Also, generally speaking, closing punctuation should be placed inside of quotation marks ("OP."), that is, be careful to edit your own grammar before you correct others'. :)

Rant here!