D.C. chillin': Brace yourself - finals are coming

Ways to de-stress during finals season

With only four weeks left until summer break, we have now entered the final push to scrape together projects and essays.

Finding enough time to study for upcoming finals push us to consume what should be illegal amounts of caffeine and force us to spend our precious late night hours in the library.

The stress can pile up, but The Scene is here to bring you great ways to relax and unwind even with all the pressure that comes with finals. A 20-page final paper, a group project worth 30 percent of your grade and a professor you can’t please? No longer a problem with your de-stressed attitude after following some of these stress-coping ideas.

I'm on a boat

Exercising is a tried and true method for relieving stress, but how about taking exercise to the Potomac instead of Jacobs Fitness Center? Kayaking in Georgetown at Jack’s Boathouse is a great way to explore the Potomac and tap into your endorphins, the stress-relieving hormone your body releases while exercising. Renting a kayak or canoe for three hours costs $14 per person, and it’s easy to go on a whim, because renting is on a first-come basis. To plan your trip, please visit jacksboathouse.com.

Frozen Relaxation

Seriously, no one can be stressed out when eating frozen yogurt. With toppings like Fruity Pebbles, mochi and Oreos, and flavors like strawberry lemonade, cookies ’n cream and root beer, this little indulgence makes a great stress reliever. With a new froyo shop opening in Tenleytown, froyo lovers can rejoice for more accessible “frozen relaxation,” but until then Mr. Yogato in Dupont Circle and Frozen Yo in Friendship Heights are still my top picks.

"Ohm..."

Groupon and Living Social are notorious for spamming inboxes with offers of free yoga all throughout the District. (Seriously how many yoga places can survive in D.C. at once?) But why not take advantage of the great deals? Yoga is famous for its relaxing qualities. For more information on which yoga studios are offering fantastic deals, subscribe to Groupon and Living Social.

Puppy Love