Eagle Rants March 7

Rant here!

• This week is killing me. Do I have to have multiple major assignments due every day? I guess I'm just not allowed to sleep until spring break.

• @annoying greek life families.....AMEN!!!! could you pleeeeeese tell that to my ex?!?

• @“Is it weird that I think my boyfriend of about five months is probably the guy I want to marry?” just don't let him join a fraternity

• What's up with $4 Greek yogurt on campus? #WHY [Editor’s Note: Ask the last two ranters, they seem to know a lot about greek life.]

• If you're one of those people who keeps the window open at night when it's freezing out, there are no words...

• I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.

• We have unlimited juice?! This party is gonna be off the hook!

• Smoking relieves my stress. It may be entirely psychological, but it does. So no, I won't give up my one bad habit. Get over it guys, it's just smoke!

• NOBODY ON CAMPUS LOOKS LIKE ADELE.

• I removed myself from all social media the other day to get away from all the supercritical people that judge every single thing you say. Honestly, although I feel out of the loop now, I feel liberated (and less distracted). Plus, I now know who my real friends are!

• Original ranter about the smoke-free campus plan here: I was encouraged to post a rant about this by a bunch of people who were shocked that this idea was being seriously considered. I, personally, do not smoke, and dislike having to inhale secondhand smoke. However, I have mixed feelings about the smoke-free campus plan.

• Drop. Your. Sword.

• It's called a lance...hello.

• I love my conservative friends. a liberal

• I'm not complaining about GCH since I love them, but technically we already paid for them with our Student Activity fee.

• @"other Starkid fan, Wanna meet at the Dav at 2:30 on Thursday? I’ll wear my rocket ship shirt." YES!! I'll be the one rolling on the floor like Lauren Lopez.  But actually, I am so bad at planning clothes so I'll just carry a sign that says "That's Absurd!" on it :)

• As an American fan, I'm disappointed I won't get to see the Eagles play UConn in Bridgeport now. As a UConn fan, I'm very happy to have this conflict of interest between my teams over. Confusing times

• @"fun. reference- I think I’m in love. But I like to think I can cheat it all To make up for the times I’ve been cheated on" & "@ fun. ranter- is that you, who i think it is?": I'm a senior and a girl, does that encourage or discourage you?

• @“"Some Nights” I love that song, I love fun. and I love Nate Ruess in general!!" & @"To the person who posted the fun. lyrics: !!!! Are you going to see them in May? I have tickets to both shows and it is going to be insane" I love Nate Ruess!!! I've been a HUGE fan since The Format and I've seen him live 6 times! (My profile picture is actually me with him)! I am going to the Friday show in May but I can't go on Thursday because of finals :( jealous!!

• To the girl on the fifth floor of hughes that is always naked with her curtains open: thank you. sincerely, Men everywehre

• This is a campus with students who are actually conservative, think they are liberal, say they are moderates, vote democrat, and at the end of the day are disgustingly apathetic and unsure of themselves.

• Dear guy in SIS who thought his headphones were plugged in but was actually just playing music really loudly: That was hilarious and thanks for looking rightfully embarrassed when you realized your mistake!

• To straight female conservative republican. Wow I wasn't even trying to be mean with that first post. You have your whole life to be a racist, bible-quoting, million(miscalculated) mom joining, human rights offender. Why start in college? Keep pretending that your conservative boyfriend doesn't hate gay people because he's in the closet himself. Or that his huge gun makes up for his less than adequate bedroom abilities. If I could legally spit on you I would.

• My RA tells me to watch out for EI guys on my floor because they steal laptops. But just the other day we catch a mysterious man in his mid 30s walking our floor, looking around. I blame the RHA for letting a 30 year old man enter the dorms.

• I was so mad when I found out how much we were paying for Gym Class Heroes. WE COULD HAVE BROUGHT LIL B! Now you touring heavy and your show cost 30 G's! DAMN BASED GOD, YOU DOING EVERYTHING!

• Guys, the rants were so good today! Eff those smokers!

• @LanaDelRay Hunger Games lyrics poster: this district smells like rat piss my name is Katniss...

• @gentlemen get screwed over. Maybe she just wasn't into you. She's allowed to not be into you.

• I also find myself becoming more conservative here, but I'm not sure if it's just that a lot of the liberals here are really obnoxious.

• Reading some of these rants makes me wonder if I was ever actually like this while being an undergraduate.

• ICE TRAIN RAGE BIG!!!!

• that awesome feeling when you need emergency counseling and the person answering phones tells you the next available appointment is for thursday. What if I don't have until thursday!? #Suckstosuck

• feeling better than ever. #masturbationinthelib

• To the girls to my right on the silent floor - stop trying to have a conversation here. The whole floor can hear every single word you're saying. Neither of you are capable of whispering. Go chat in the Mudbox, some of us are ACTUALLY trying to be productive.

• @“my roommate has an std and is a slut. i do not respect her and never will.” Awesome job with the slut shaming! please continue to judge everyone by things that don’t remotely affect you and have NOTHING to do with their personality." Preach.

• @Team Gale. Serious? How do you read those books and come out liking Gale? [Editor’s Note: An answer in the form of a fan-fiction short story would be preferred]

• That moment when at the end of a busy, productive phonathon shift, you start singing "closing time" to yourself, and your supervisor hears you and puts the song on.  :)

• To AU's spitting image of Christian Bale: God, you're a gorgeous specimen of man.

• Why did you have to leave?

• i really really miss you =/

• @"I want to hang out with you but I have to play the game…"  Don't play games, games get you nowhere

• I've been wearing more dresses just because of how many guys have been ranting about them!

• @"is the extremely attractive blonde on hughes 2 really a lesbian? help!" No we have no blonde lesbians on our floor -Hughes 2

• Eaglesecure is making it impossible to have a Disney sing-a-long.

• @"[Editor’s Note: Time McBride = Sitcom spinoff wherein Tim McBride discovers a time machine and explores the history of AU?]" EDITOR YOU JUST MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD. I LOVE YOU.

• no....you're douchy.

• What qualifies someone as a "Public Figure"?? I feel like there are so many people's full names used on here that it seems like anyone does.

• I agree about the Adele chick. She's in my class and I want to play with her boobs. :)

• Sorry editor...it's kinda why fat people are fat tho...they stay home and eat. #reality

• Why do none of my friends want to discuss politics?! I feel like I am suddenly at the wrong university

• The fact that Eagle Rants has an editor is maybe the most hilarious thing since Hope-Change

• I know I'm driving everyone crazy, but I can't stop talking about you. You are my drug

• @”facebook timeline advocate: I love the concept of the timeline, but there are a few really annoying bugs in it that I can’t figure out.  On the “map” feature, whenever I click on a city I have been to it only lets me add a single year. What if there are cities I have been to multiple times on various different years? I would prefer to just click on the cities I have been to without adding dates, but it won’t let me do that either.

• I really don't see the problem with the smoke free campus plan... if I were an alcoholic I wouldn't  be aloud to drink a beer right after I get out of class no matter how much I craved one. Just saying. Or you know what, if you want a cigarette, you can walk across the street and smoke there. Problem solved.

• @"To be honest, the whole concept of Greek life families really just annoys me..." Couldn't agree more. It just doesn't make any logical sense to me. Your right, where are their priorities?

• When rants have curse words in them, do the eagle staff just delete them or do they switch in asterisks for the curse words? I’ve always wondered if the asterisks were left by the ranters or if they are the product of censors curse words. [Editor’s Note: I just delete them when they use curse words]

• ThEagle.  I love Regular Show. Thank you for putting it as your TV pick.

• @“I want to get into shape” You shouldn't care what anyone else thinks, I know it is hard. But making this decision for yourself is a tough one to make, and you obviously have courage and drive to have made it in the first place. First and foremost do what is best for you, don't think about other people, especially people that judge you - they dont mean anything anyways. good luck!

• I think I am the Adele

• @hipster girls are gross: You have it all wrong. Hipsters smoke weed. Goths smoke cigarettes.

• I HATE SOCIAL GREEK LIFE. There I said it. It separates everyone into different groups and the rest dont have a group (not that they want one...). Everyone fights for equality and no cliques or bullying but thats what greek like does (a lot of the time, not generalizing).

• @everyone trying to get in shape who keeps complaining about the gym being crowded: You are aware that you don't need a gym to work out right? They do allow runners outside. Running is actually possible without treadmills. And there is a pool at AU too. And tennis courts. Etc.

• @dated ex for 4 years and it ended horribly: May I ask what happened?

• KONY2012

• @”how many people they sleep with is not a measure of their worth.” I disagree. Sleeping around signals psychological problems such as insecurity, neediness, low self-esteem, impulsivity, depression, etc. It often goes hand in hand with substance abuse.  While we may agree that these people need to be helped rather than scorned, not everyone is willing to take on the drama of such a damaged friend.  That’s what the counseling center is for.

• My bf of a few months told me he doesn’t like it when I wear sweat pants.  I have other pants that aren’t sweat pants, but I really prefer to wear my sweat pants each day. He says it is embarrassing to him when I wear sweat pants and should instead wear one of my pretty dresses or nicer pants when I go in public. I feel like he is being kind of controlling, but on the other hand I want him to be honest and feel like he can tell me when something bothers him. Am I overreacting?

• @”Please continue to judge everyone by things that don’t remotely affect you and have NOTHING to do with their personality.” Actually sleeping around is considered a symptom (when combined with other impulsive behaviors) in the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, which is used to diagnose mental disorders and personality disorders. And if you have ever studied personality psychology you would know that any given personality test calculates sexual behavior into account (as it correlated with many other behaviors that make up personality).

• People complaining about secondhand smoke don't know anything.  You're going to die because you eat junk like Pop-Tarts and french fries, and because you judge the quality of exercise based on how many calories you burn.  You won't die from a whiff or two per day of cigarette smoke.  Your health is in your hands; don't blame the smokers.  - A non-smoker

• F*** it. Just tell yourself to F*** it. And tell the person you like that you like them, kiss them, ask them out, make them smile, laugh. Or even just a friend. Make the world a smily place filled with laughter. Because when you reeeeally think about it, what is better than that?

• This past Monday was my 5th week at the Counseling Center. I feel like I have transitioned into an entirely new emotional state/mental state, because of them. I had/have a variety of topics to talk about, but only one dragged me to the center to talk about others. Thank you counseling center. I will continue to use you. Because I honestly feel like I am capable of doing anything at this point. :-)

• @I want an explanation! - or the ugly wonk who hates smokers. I can tell by the way you write that you are an annoying sheltered virgin. Maybe if you stopped being such a control freak nerd, you would have some friends and not notice the smokers as much. Just stay indoors and the evil smoke won't get you, and that shouldn't be too hard for you I am assuming you have spent the majority of your life hanging out with your parents.

• Was it rude to protest Brewer? Yes. You know whats ruder? Racism.

• Dear Eagle's Nest, I would like to bring your attention to the current dearth of ice cream selections. Never have I seen a more disappointing sight than the empty shelves of the ice cream freezer. One question: Why? Sincerely, Jamaican Me Crazy [Editor’s Note: It looked so lonely]

• Where is a good place on campus to get some Greens? And no I don't mean salad...

• WHEN THE HELL IS THE BURGER KING/WENDYS/DUNKIN DONUTS/TDR EXPRESS/BOOEYMONGER/WHATEVER OTHER RUMOR MIGHT EXIST coming to the tunnel?!! I want my midnight fix!

• THE WOMBATS ARE COMING TO THE 9:30 CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

• @hates Greek families, we're not all awful, I'm in a non-social frat and I'm super excited about my new family! It's a way to make new friends not get rid of old ones, so if your friends can't deal that's their problem not the institution's.

• @"In this world, gentlemen get f***ed": good job standing by your beliefs, I guess, but be careful not to take an isolated incident and extrapolate too much. "Old-fashioned" romance doesn't work for everyone; I personally wouldn't like it if someone talked to my parents about dating me before they talked to me about it.

• "I'm in love for the first time, don't you know it's gonna last" I swear music always knows how to say things when you don't.

• Damn you Democratic Party for not being represented by the elephant, I like elephants so much better :(

• You're annoying us both. Go away.

• @@im not a witch. Gotta love a good Delaware politician Is it terribly sad that at the mention of Delaware I immediately thought of Tim McBride?

• @"is the extremely attractive blonde on hughes 2 really a lesbian? help!" RUDE. JUST RUDE.

• I hereby commit to writing a unique Eagle Rant every day during the SG campaign season (after Spring Break) about the stupidity of the SG Board of Elections policies. The BOE is the real loser in this election.

• I met a girl who sang the blues, and I asked her for some happy news, but she just smiled and turned away...

• is the extremely attractive blonde on hughes 2 really a lesbian? help! I live on Hughes 2 and we have several attractive blonds, none of whom (to my knowledge) are lesbians

• @“You know what’s great? Not being a 19th century Russian peasant.” This made my day. That is all. This made *my* day. Thank you for making my random comment feel special. [Editor’s Note: Endless loop of days being made]

• We have to back, Kate. WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAAAAACK!

• Willing to change political beliefs for sex.

• @there is a girl on campus who looks just like Adele...I think you might be talking about me. Sigh, curvy redhead problems. I'll try not to show up out of the blue uninvited.

• Let me clue you in: I am not in danger. I AM the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No. I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.

• Wondering what the hell happened today when I went to get food at MGC. Eagle's Express raided, Tavern and Salsa were completely filled up, the taco line at TDR was up to the bathroom, and to top it all off, I ended up waiting 30-40 minutes for kung pao chicken. What the hell?

• Christine at TDR is the absolute best! She always brightens up my day with her wonderful personality and her big smile. Whenever you get the chance, make sure to show her some love. :] [Editor’s Note: I love Christine at TDR.]

• Hate Maths 201

• JFC needs a separate rant page. And the Eagle's Nest. And TDR. I am very frustrated with these places and need to secretly vent! All the time! Then maybe important people can see them and change stuff, yeah!

• LAL should be renamed LOL. People! We are at the peak of our hotness right NOW. Get a lil confidence and go outside in the rill rill world and meet people! (maybe even when you are not drizzunk)You can do it!

• Dear Men: Please get beards and or facial hair. IZ RuuGgGedD && HoTT

• @"People, get with the program and get timeline." NEVER!!!

• @"Why is every male on the lifetime channel somehow end up being a cruel, manipulative prick? Do women really perceived men in this way?" Yes, that is why we must stick together.

• My roommate didn't come home last night so I shamelessly played Mass Effect 3 until 3 am.  Man, life's great!

• Everyone seems to think leggings don't qualify as pants. Well... I agree.  But honestly folks, who doesn't want to see a little more booty?

• @"Saw a girl shopping for lingerie on her laptop in class today.  Do people really do this?" Yes. Take a chill pill you prude.

• By saying somethings are "white people problems" you're inferring that "white people" are the wealthy ones... but I'm Black and I definitely can relate to some of your #whitepeopleproblems... #racism

• Unfortunately, if AU wants to make its campus a smoke free zone it will regardless of student input. Remember Wonk?

• I'm doing my best not to show it. I tell you a quarter of what is wrong and wait for you to actually care. You don't anymore though ...

• l-o-l, The Eagle is actually up for a prize. Very funny good sir, very funny.

• lol at all those college students who suddely became activists after watching KONY 2012. Not to disparage the message, but Invisivle Children are fvcking sham. Google their controversies (who they support, where your donation money actually goes, etc.) and you'll see why.

• Too many AU kids are entitled and rude. Just sayin

• Live and let live. Its so simple.

• "I'm like a wombat Just wanna get all fat So if you want that Show me where yo noms at!" Someone needs to block youtube on my computer. My Drunk Kitchen is way more captivating than either of my papers. It's a serious problem.

• Why can't Eagle Rants be clever and contain basic English. I've read other schools rants (UNC-Chapel Hill) and they surpass us in ranting. It must say something when a student bodys' rants are from illiterates and numbskulls. Can't there be a smart rant every once in a while. Do you guys even know the meaning of a rant?

• Yes. We hate fat people at the gym. Please stay home. And eat. [Editor’s Note: Rude.] Have you read the other rants? [Editor’s Note: We’ve got some rude rants for sure (for another example, read the next 2 rants)]

• • @MyRoommateIsASlut. Slut Shaming is so cool… You must be of the slut kind. Last time I check, dating five guys means you is a SLUT.

• OMG…she is a slut! yeah, you got to Gtown..so can pay for your own birth control. You must be a drunk slut.

• Hey, best friend? Yeah, I'm not okay :).

• Ever notice how everyone in a lecture discussion starts their comment with "Well, I was just going to say that..."

• Word has too many fonts. I feel overwhelmed.

• This time, it was me that went and you who didn't show up. :( Now you're only 2/3.

• A nice person is a nice person no matter what. An a**hole is an a**hole no matter what. If you want to date someone opposite of your political ideology, go ahead. And stop complaining about it.