Eagle Rants March 5

Rant here!

• "I'll have a vodka tonic" "Mom, it's 8am" "...and a piece of toast."

• I love Marrrrta....

• I've made a HUGE mistake.

• F&#*ing Wizards...

• AU library totally has all the books I need for projects.  If not, the consortium is totally reliable and gets the books to me.  I have never ever needed to go buy books on Amazon for small projects, because the AU library is the best library in the whole wide world!!!

• First I find myself agreeing with the Republicans more often and now I'm attracted to the most conservative girl on campus.

• Why are Eagle Rants getting so sexual?

• I know that we aren't suppose to write in passive voice. But why? Who came up with this rule that essays couldn't be in passive voice?

• What kind of guys are they? The kind that bring a hobo to a party.

• @GOOD Caesar salad: Unfortunately, no. There is nowhere on campus to get a good salad of any kind.

• @Opposites attract: Actually, from a psychological standpoint, opposites don't attract. Sad but true.

• As a female, I've got to weigh into the leggings as pants debate. Leggings do NOT equal pants. It's fine if you're wearing them with a skirt or dress or extremely long sweater. HOWEVER, if I can see your butt... you're doing it wrong.

• @"I’ve heard of QWAC!  But I have no idea when the meetings are." Find the group on facebook!

• I JUST WANT A BOYFRIEND. STOP LEADING ME ON.

• Boots + Leggings + Sweater = cute to mainly frat guys, but very unattractive / stupid to the majority of other people , and I'm a frat guy who finds the leggings only look for lazy girls who don't do their laundry and have nothing else to wear. You can bash me and deny it, but you know it's true.

• @Carnivore: you shouldn't feel self-conscious about eating meat. that's just the way the world works; it has been going on for thousands of years and it will (in all likelihood) continue for thousands more. people need to be less judgmental. -lifelong vegetarian

• i love you but it hurts

• Is it weird that I think my boyfriend of about five months is probably the guy I want to marry?

• @"I’m really tired of people telling me that I have to stop shoving the fact that I’m gay into everyone’s faces." Preach! Despite the fact that I am straight, every time I hear someone say that gay people need to hide their sexuality it makes my skin crawl.

• BBQ saves lives. [Editor’s Note: Amen]

• @"@TRIBUTE BEST FRIEND… Team Gale or Team Peeta?" Peeta but I don't like the whole "Team" thing because then everyone thinks it's Twilight...

• @"Nescafe + Hot chocolate = Valhalla" You are Odin! Be my Odin and I'll be your Fjorgyn <3

• @"I am ready to be the MOCKINGJAY!" Good...Very good... -President Coin

• Bender Arena Lobby and Jacobs Fitness feels more like a day care most days.

• @CuriousGirl, I crush from afar but I do sit next to her in class. Too bad she does not know my name

• Leggings are not pants. They are to be worn under a skirt or a LONG (ass-covering) sweater. Love, A girl

• @I want to go to the beach so ****ing bad. Go to Ocean City MD,I used to live there, it's cheap and the people are always colorful. It's 3 hours away, and I personally like to go during the winter when it's a ghost town.

• I want to hang out with you but I have to play the game...

• LOL Gym Class Heroes, who the f is on SUB?

• GYM CLASS HEROES? ARE WE BEING PUNISHED?!!

• Gym class heroes. Am I being punk'd?

• I say we switch Gym class heroes for BASED GOD. LIL' B!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TYBGGGG :)

• rants on rants on rants

• TEAM GALE

• F*** THAT, TEAM PEETA!! WOOHOO

• We should bring Danny Brown instead of Gym class heroes.

• Gym Class Heroes? Really? Why is SUB being allowed to bring acts that we all got over in the 8th grade?!?!?!?!

• @Leggings aren't pants: as a girl who doesn't believe in the leggings=pants fad (and therefore being "unfashionable"), thank you :)

• There is a special place in hell for people that use hashtags on Facebook. [Editor’s Note: #truth #whataboutrants?]

• leggings that are too tight/hiked all the way up and show off your muffin top IS NOT CUTE

• I ended a 3 year relationship before starting my freshman year here. I thought I needed to be single to find myself and be the strong, independent girl I am. I have amazing friends, a fantastic internship, and a really fun life. Mr. Right, if you can appreciate all of that, I'm ready for you

• @not-art-experts I'm here too!!! lets meet up, I've been dying to explore the Katzen exhibits

• I saw shirtless Nick Rangos at a party and touched his abs!!!!!!! #DreamComeTrue

• @"If a guy sexually harasses you, kick him in the nuts."  I've been away for the weekend so I'm a little late, but I just wanted to say that this is so right.  - A guy

• I feel like everyone pretends to be my friend but when it comes to it they're just as fake as everyone else...

• Was on vacation but I'm back now! Ok, I was THE original ex ranter and I went twice, TWICE(!) to meet up Tuesday at Dav and nobody shows. You're currently 0 for 2.

• No, leggings as pants are not cute.  Being able to see the entire outline of your *** is not cute and can actually be pretty darn gross.

• "@Sweater+leggings+boots is such a cute look, don’t bash it!" Not only cute, but comfortable too! Jeans are just so constricting sometimes.

• To the BSG ranter: I'll be the Kara Thrace to your Helo! (AKA I'm a taken girl, if you're a guy, so let's be friends. If you're a girl, LET'S BE FRIENDS!!!)

• You know what's great? Not being a 19th century Russian peasant. [Editor’s Note: Agreed]

• Really? You shamelessly promote your "upcoming column in the Eagle" on the AU memes page? Please.

• I'm curious, did the people who kept planning to wear blue and meet at the Dav ever actually get together? (I feel that as a regular rant reader who watched the conversation evolve I have a right to know.)

• I used to hate people who wore leggings as pants... but then I realized how comfy they are... and how much I hate wearing pants...

• AU's administration is considering making AU a smoke-free campus: that is, banning all smoking on campus, EVERYWHERE on campus. They aren't making this public because they're afraid of student reactions. - Your friendly neighborhood McRanter

• I really like you, but I wish we could spend less time talking about what makes you unhappy.

• So I thought I liked person A. And I think I still do. And I told mutual friends B&C that I like A. But throughout a drunken night, I realized I may like B&C as well.....(B medium..i think..) how do I solve this? There is a mutual friend D who is out of the attraction picture and also closest to me..(dating my close friend) WHAT TO DO!? [Editor’s Note: Too many letters, bro]

• Can we talk about real issues here...WHY IS THERE LITERALLY NO FOOD AT EAGLE'S NEST!?

• I'm a girl and could not agree more with the Leggings Aren't Pants debate. They're really not and should never be worn as such especially when a girl's top doesn't even cover her backside

• I want, no NEED the boys swim team in their tiny beach attire sexy dancing for me now!!! make it happen boys or I will pretend to drown in Bender until one of you offers me "swim" lessons

• @"As a girl, I’d have to completely disagree. If the leggings aren’t see-through why should it matter?" As the original ranter, I would say that's fine if you wear a really long shirt/really short dress. This is how they were designed to be worn. Know your 80s fashion. Addendum: the idea is to provoke thought/tease, not to ruin the surprise.

• Girls named Katie are cute.

• You know that you need to quit and get a life when you find yourself getting annoyed when websites refer to ATV as "AUTV."

• Yes, i'm the girl eating chips on the silent floor.

• *FOR BRITISH EYES ONLY*

• the dues from frats and sororities go to a bunch of different things, and if you see joining one as "paying for friends" (which i'll admit is the case with a very small minority) you're just as ignorant and stupid as what you stereotype us as

• gym class heros is the most embarrassing 'band' to come to au. then again, i said the same thing for we the kings, B.O.B., 30 seconds to mars, and every single other band/artist that SUB brings. yall are seriously morons.

• 9 hours, 18 minutes, 59 seconds...

• Beware the easy path. Knowledge grows only through challenge.

• I am finally exercising and eating right, and I feel good about my body for the first time since before my anorexia! [Editor’s Note: Go you!]

• I hate how everyone acts like it's such a tragedy when they find out I'm single and offer me "advice" on how to get a boyfriend. Why would I want a boyfriend?! Stop assuming things.

• I wish I could have a political conversation with someone of different beliefs and not feel like it's a fight. I promise I am not trying to shove my beliefs down your throat, I just want to share my opinion and hear yours. Why is everyone so stubborn and aggressive about it?

• Clay created Adam, Adam created Clay.

• We Are Nothing.

• g8imVE Great blog article.Really thank you!

• Only in Jordan does your professor get called away to see the King. #studyabroadranter

• They must all suffer as we suffered.

• @"I hate how I don’t see my girlfriend now that I’m in college" I feel you. Keep in mind that the number one rule in making a long distance relationship work is WANTING the long distance relationship to work. As long as you both believe the time spent together is worth all the time spent apart and truly love each other, you will surprise yourself with what you can/ will do to stay connected. Trust me =)

• Schmoyoho!

• I'm not a which. I'm you!

• That awkward moment when the guy you don't want to see is EVERYWHERE.

• Dear people of AU, these are rants, not tweets. Stop using hashtags.

• Saw a girl shopping for lingerie on her laptop in class today.  Do people really do this?

• Gym Class Heroes? Seriously? We couldn't spend our tuition money on someone who was say, recently popular?

• I want to get into shape but I feel like if I go to the gym everyone will hate me judging by all the Eagle Rants about how much people hate fat people at the gym...

• @@@“Do you have a rocket ship potter” PLEASE BE MY FRIEND” Haha, sure! Future Pigfarts alums gotta stick together." YAY! Would you like to get coffee sometime and talk about our love of Starkid?

• I hate on SPA Leadership and I got into the program.  Trust me, outsiders aren't the only ones who see the flaws in the stupid waste of a program.

• I think we should have an Eaglerants Speed Dating Night. Half of the posts on here are about single people anyway

• i miss throwing water balloons out the window at the smokers with my floormates.  bring me backkk <3 [Editor’s Note: Rude.]

• The League of Injustice has just overcome months of Constitutional issues. We are back, fully functioning, and stronger than ever. Smegma.

• Some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck. Some nights I call it a draw. Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle. Some nights I'd wish they'd just fall off But I still wake up, I still see your ghost Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for

• I just want someone to rant about me...

• Ignite the Revolution.

• To the girl that peed on the bathroom floor by the sink on the second floor of the library, The f*ck?

• my roommate has an std and is a slut. i do not respect her and never will.

• my french class were asked what was a bad newspaper. Everyone replied The Eagle. [Editor’s Note: D:]