Concert pick of the week: White Rabbits/ Tennis @ Black Cat, March 7

White Rabbits make straightforward indie rock that sticks to the basics: skittering percussion (via the band’s two drummers), tightly controlled guitars and svelte, so-generic-they-work male vocals.

The Brooklyn six-piece group is currently touring in support of their darker, more expansive third album, “Milk Famous,” released today on TBD Records.

White Rabbits’ sound may not be radical enough to spur you toward the Black Cat this Wednesday, but luckily their tour is bolstered by two acts that make their set worthy of your time.

First, there’s Tennis, the husband-wife duo whose charming debut album “Cape Dory” chronicled their seven-month sailboat trip with slowburning surf-pop. The band followed their breakthrough year with last month’s release of their second LP “Young and Old,” which paired their airy, vintage sound with beefed-up production from The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach.

Also appearing that night is Daughter, the indie-folk project of English singer-songwriter Elena Tonra. Daughter’s second EP “The Wild Youth” was released in the U.S. Feb. 29, and her dramatic lyrics and sweeping melodies are destined for crossover success. Catch her live before she turns into Florence Welch.

Will this White Rabbits live show change your life? All signs point to no. But if you’re looking for an evening full of pleasant, inoffensive indie rock to take your mind off midterms, the Black Cat can be your safe haven Wednesday night.

mmcdermott@theeagleonline.com