COP A FEEL - Seth Rogen has taken on the role of mall cop in his new movie, "Observe and Report." Anna Faris, his sexy but not-so-smart love interest, plays alongside him making the cast a humorous one. Though the plot isn't anything new, the laughs make

'Report' stops, cops, rolls

Observe and Report: C-

Attention AU: Hollywood has done it again! They've created yet another sick comedy starring Seth Rogen that features endless jokes about sex, drugs and human stupidity.

In case you missed "Knocked Up," "Superbad" or "Pineapple Express," check out Rogen's latest film: "Observe and Report," a delightful little flick about an underachieving mall cop (Rogen) and his quest to win the love of his life (Anna Faris) by solving both a robbery and a sexual assault case before an egotistical investigator (Ray Liotta) beats him to it. Unfortunately, the mall-cop's na've attitude toward women, his racism and his bipolar instability are major obstacles that stand in his way.

The entire plot, setting and tone of "Observe and Report" can adequately be explained by looking at other popular comedies. It seems as though the producers took a blender and threw in "Mall Rats," "Paul Blart: Mall Cop," "Superbad" and "The Waterboy" to end up with a comedy that makes fun of mall employees, has a security-guard who fails his police test, makes constant jokes about obscene topics and features an idiot living at home with his insane mother. You'll leave the theater wondering, "Haven't I seen this one before?"

Despite its déj? vu qualities, "Observe and Report" manages to serve up a hilarious script and a handful of memorable scenes. The overweight flasher who runs naked through the mall is a bit disturbing, but who can help but laugh uproariously at the concept? The date scene between Rogen and Faris is another knee-slapper. Watch as Faris vomits and stumbles drunkenly across the lawn and is then kissed by a clueless, pitiful Rogen.

The mall cop's mother, played by Celia Weston, steals the spotlight as a washed-up alcoholic living only for the achievements of her son and a cheap bottle of liquor. She brings attitude and spice to her middle-aged character with her shocking one-liners. During a heart-to-heart with her son, she blatantly tells him that he was the reason his father left them. She passes out daily, soils her pants and admits during a party that she slept with most of her son's high school friends.

Like Rogen's character, Faris plays the familiar part of her claim-to-fame role. She is the stupid blonde with endless sex appeal and a powerful diva-like aura. If you've seen "Just Friends" or "The House Bunny," you will know what to expect out of her beautiful, mindless and feisty character.

Many unfamiliar faces were cast in "Observe and Report" as Rogen's fellow mall cops and other mall employees. Twins John and Matt Yuan, Jesse Plemmons and Michael Pena play the roles of loser security guards who follow every one of Rogen's senseless orders. Collette Wolf plays the role of a cute "born-again virgin" who sells cinnamon buns in the food court and offers free coffee to Rogen's character in hopes of landing a date.

Even though the film offers a decent amount of entertaining humor, it might be wise to save your money and wait until it's released on DVD. The movie is worth checking out, but it's not a pressing matter.

You can reach this writer at thescene@theeagleonline.com.