The Week in Fun Calendar

Thursday, Feb. 11 Woo at the Zoo 6-7:30 p.m. and 8-9:30 p.m. WHERE: National Zoological Park, 3001 Connecticut Ave. N.W. METRO: Cleveland Park (red line) INFO: Go wild with your loved one at this Valentine's themed after-hours event at the National Zoo. Reservations are required. COST: Free

Friday, Feb. 12 Chocolate Decadence 6 p.m. WHERE: The Ritz-Carlton - Washington, D.C., 1150 22nd St. N.W. METRO: Farragut North (red line) INFO: The Melting Pot booked up, and now you need a place to take your sweetheart? Every Friday and Saturday night this local swanky hotspot hosts an everything chocolate buffet, with the optional add-on of a champagne flight for the over-21 crowd. COST: $35

Saturday, Feb. 14 "Hay Fever" 8 p.m. WHERE: Greenberg Theater, 4200 Wisconsin Ave. N.W. METRO: Tenleytown-AU (red line) INFO: Nothing says romance like eccentric family relations. Support your peers in this comedic Department of the Performing Arts performance of the Noel Coward play. COST: $5 for AU students

Sunday, Feb. 15 Special Display of the Emancipation Proclamation 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. WHERE: National Archives, Constitution Avenue and Seventh Street N.W. METRO: Archives-Navy Memorial (yellow and green lines) INFO: History buffs can seize the opportunity to see Lincoln's original declaration of freedom for slaves now on display as part of the Lincoln Bicentennial. COST: Free

Monday, Feb. 16 Ford's Theater Grand Re-Opening and Open House 9 a.m.-5 p.m. WHERE: Ford's Theater, 511 10th St. N.W. METRO: Gallery Place-Chinatown (red line) INFO: Today kicks off a weeklong celebration in honor of the bicentennial of President Abraham Lincoln's birth. COST: Free

Tuesday, Feb. 17 Meet the Artist: Ori Gersht 7 p.m. WHERE: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Independence Avenue and Seventh Street N.W. METRO: Smithsonian (orange and blue lines) INFO: Multimedia artist Gersht will discuss his work currently on display at the Hirshhorn. COST: Free