Missionary style: Converting those nonbelievers

As a straight, white male at AU, I'm not in the majority, but then again, I'm not in the minority, either. The reason I'm starting with this is because I want to explain why this week's column is not going to be about something broad that can be applied to everyone, like booty calls or gaining the upper hand. This column is going to be about just plain sex.

That said, the sex described will be limited to that between a man and a woman. I'm sorry to everyone else, but I just don't know enough about other forms of sex to feel I can write about them sufficiently.

A few days ago, someone told me they were assigned to read an article about how the missionary position is sexist, degrading to women and should never be used. It was the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard. The interesting part, though, was that when I told another friend about this, her response was: "Who cares about missionary position? It is boring anyway."

My immediate reaction, which I didn't voice, was, "That's because most guys suck at sex." I know many girls who aren't satisfied before the guy orgasms, rolls over and goes to sleep.

"So, Dave, what can I do to please my woman?" or "What can I do to get my man to better please me?" are questions some of you might have. The first answer is communication - women must let their man know what feels good, what they like - and don't like - and communicate where, when and how far away their orgasm is. There is absolutely nothing better than both partners coming together at the same time.

Guys, you have to make sure your woman is comfortable enough in the situation to tell you what she likes and wants. Ask her questions. Make sure you are hitting the right spots with the right pressure. Sex is a learning process - the longer you are with someone, the more you will learn about their sexuality and the easier it will be to please them and have them please you.

So, back to the most boring of all positions, the missionary position. The simplest way to make it more interesting is to change it up by adjusting where the girl's legs are. You can prop up her legs by turning slightly to one side and propping your thigh up against her butt. This should be changed often because if you stay in the same missionary position for 10 minutes, it will seem like an hour.

One of the best ways to adjust a girl's legs during sex, though, is to pick them up so the backs of her thighs are against the guy's stomach and chest. This not only switches up the missionary position, but it also does other things for the girl. A girl's G-spot is generally located on the upper wall of her vagina, about four inches in. When you put her legs up, it allows the penis to rub against the G-spot better and increase pleasure.

The problem with this is that not all girls' G-spots are in the same place and not all girls have G-spots. If the G-spot can't be found, one thing to do is to focus on a clitoral orgasm by having her on top while the guy rubs her clit in order to get her off.

Still, the best thing is communication. It allows each person to get better at pleasing the other, and as the relationship continues, the sex should only get better. Sometimes, this doesn't happen, and as the relationship continues, the sex can get mundane or lose its spark, but read next week's column for more about that.