Dorm Recipe: Sweet Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks

Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks with Blue Cheese Dressing

Preparation time: 30 minutes to an hour for marinating Cooking time: 35-45 minutes

Sometimes I just walk around the grocery store and try to come up with new recipes. This time, I was walking around to come up with new ideas of how to prepare chicken. I figured out what I wanted to use in my dish, but I didn't want to make chicken tenderloins or chicken breast again. I wanted to use chicken in an unconventional way and do something I usually don't. Using drumsticks gave me the perfect opportunity to try to do just that.

Then, I was left with the decision of how to serve it. I walked down the salad dressing aisle in the hope of finding a good marinade. When I saw teriyaki sauce and then blue cheese dressing, I thought of barbecue wings and decided to make it simple: Marinade the chicken in teriyaki sauce and serve it with blue cheese dressing. It's the perfect dish to make when your friends are coming over for a game night, or if you are watching a game or a movie. If you don't like teriyaki sauce, try marinating the drumsticks in some barbecue sauce. Next time you want to try something new but are not sure what to make, just walk through the different aisles at the grocery store - it is the perfect place for new ideas. Guten Appetit!

Ingredients

• 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
  • 1 12 oz. bottle of teriyaki marinating sauce
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
    • Instructions

1 Marinate 2 lbs. of chicken drumsticks in teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes.

2 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

3 Bake chicken for 35 to 45 minutes.

4 Serve with blue cheese dressing.