Dorm Recipe: Herbes de Provence Chicken Wrap

Combine chicken with fresh spring ingredients

I love chicken because it is versatile, easy to cook and very affordable. But by itself, chicken can get pretty dull. I usually eat chicken with pasta, potatoes and/or vegetables, but I needed a new way to eat chicken because I was getting bored. I thought I would try placing it in a wrap, but just the usual salt and pepper would not give it a new taste.

Adding herbes de Provence, which has winter savory thyme, rosemary, basil, tarragon and lavender flowers, gives the chicken a very fresh, spring-like taste. In addition to the flavorful herbs, I wanted to use a cheese that would be easy to spread but not overpower the chicken. Since I love Brie, I thought it would be perfect. If you do not like Brie, try cream cheese, Gouda or even provolone. Just make sure to choose a mild tasting cheese. Swiss, for example, may be too bitter to combine with the herbes de Provence.

Adding mustard to the dish also gives it that extra layer of flavor. Here, you can really choose any mustard that you like from yellow to Dijon to grainy. The only mustard that may give a weird taste, in my opinion, is spicy mustard, but that is something you need to experiment with.

Lastly, add lettuce or fresh spinach for that extra crunch. When making a wrap, there are endless possibilities of what you can put in them, so play around. Remember, food is supposed to be fun, and experimenting with flavors is only half the fun. Guten Appetit!

Ingredients

• 2 chicken tenderloins (chicken strips)
  • 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
  • 1 large wrap
  • 1 tablespoon mustard (any kind you like)
  • 3 thick slices of Brie cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded lettuce or fresh spinach

Cooking Instructions

1 Season the chicken with the herbes de Provence and place into a hot skillet. Cook the chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side.

2 While the chicken is cooking, take a large wrap and place it in the microwave for 10 seconds. This will heat up the wrap enough for you to easily roll it. Spread the mustard evenly. Take three slices of Brie cheese and place inside the wrap. Smear the cheese evenly.

3 Once the chicken is ready, shred it with a fork and spread it on the wrap.

4 Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll.