Dorm recipe: Baked Potato Wedges

Stressed out students don't have to give up their favorite comfort food with this healthy twist on an old standby

Baked Potato Wedges Serves 2-3 people Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes

One of my favorite side dishes is french fries. While they are delicious, fast-food and frozen fries are kind of pricey. Even more so, every bite feels as though your cholesterol level is skyrocketing and your arteries are clogging up. Still, giving up this great, greasy food is just out of the question. So, why not make them healthy yet just as good as those coming out of the deep fryer? All you need are a few potatoes, seasoning and an oven, and you can create delicious oven-baked potato wedges. The great thing about the following recipe is that any seasonings or spices can be used, such as oregano, thyme or even red pepper flakes, to satisfy one's personal taste. Baked potato wedges make a great dish for yourself, a date or parties. Enjoy and Guten Appetit!

Ingredients

• 3 potatoes
  • 1 teaspoon oregano (or any preferred seasoning)
  • 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper

Cooking Instructions

1Preheat the oven to 375-400 degrees (baking, not broiling).

2 Wash the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch thick wedges. For the traditional french fries look, cut them into thin, long pieces instead.

3 Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or spray the sheet with vegetable oil. Place the potatoes with the oil on the sheet. Toss them so they are completely covered in the oil.

4 Add the oregano, salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes again to make sure they are evenly covered.

5 Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender.