'Aqua Teen' movie provides answers, humor

Men will destroy the world in a harebrained scheme to impress girls, or at least Master Shake will. That's the idea behind "Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Colon Movie Film for Theaters," starring the beloved cartoon characters Frylock, Meatwad, the aforementioned Master Shake and their neighbor, Carl. The animated film is based on the show airing on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

The film's plot revolves around yet another one of Master Shake's attempts to woo women when he obtains an exercise machine called the Insane-O-Flex. But as the team will soon learn, the Insane-O-Flex is no mere exercise machine. It's a doomsday device in disguise that will literally exercise people to death.

What follows for the Aqua Teens is a journey that reunites them with show favorites like the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future, the Plutonian, Dr. Weird and his assistant Steve, an evil Abraham Lincoln and of course the Mooninites. But is the movie any good?

Explaining the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" movie is like explaining the TV show - you just go with it. The movie, from its heavy metal opening parody of theatrical snack bar advertisements to its Mexican standoff of an ending, is a cartoon about anthropomorphic fast food products, and it makes no qualms about it.

Viewers either get it or they don't. Viewers who understand the movie will enjoy 82 minutes of unmitigated laughter, from watching the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future tell the long story of when he ran for student council to Master Shake debuting his hit song "Nude Love," which absolutely has to be heard to be believed.

The characters are just as they are from the show, with Shake as a self-centered ass, Frylock as the brains, Meatwad as the innocent yet dumb sidekick and Carl as the overweight, sexually starved and perverted neighbor. This review won't bother talking about the supporting cast. More importantly, the much-rumored origin of the Aqua Teens is revealed. The mystery about the fourth Aqua Teen is solved, too.

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Colon Movie Film For Theaters" is not an artistic statement about society or the human condition, so anybody going to this movie in search of an epiphany should look elsewhere. This movie is about mindless laughter, and it delivers more than adequately. Its brand of humor may be nonsensical, but if one just surrenders all logic and lets the movie take over, he will find himself engorged in a feast of laughter.