National brief: Suspect in Boston terror scare videotaped bomb squad removing device

One of the men arrested and charged in connection with the terrorism scare in Boston last week did not tell bomb squad officers the devices were fake, even as he videotaped them removing one, according to The Associated Press.

Surveillance camera footage shows Peter Berdovsky, 27, videotaping bomb squad officers removing one of more than three dozen blinking electronic devices he and Sean Stevens, 28, had placed earlier around the city as part of an advertising campaign for the Cartoon Network's "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" television show. The police response to the Jan. 31 incident caused traffic delays and necessitated the shutdown of several area highways and bridges. Turner Broadcasting, the company that owns the Cartoon Network, agreed to pay $2 million to the city as compensation for costs associated with the incident, according to the AP.

Walter Prince, Berdovsky's attorney, said his client did not initially know the bomb squad was removing one of the advertising devices when he began videotaping them.

"He realized what was going on, and he went back to his apartment and called his employer, and they told him they would take care of it," Prince said. "That's not an inappropriate response"