Robin Williams gets Oval Office laughs as 'Man of the Year.'

Movie trailer treasures to satisfy fall film fanatics

We're back for a second go-round here at the Trailer Park. With new movie trailers every day, it's hard to keep up, but here is a fresh selection of some of the good, the bad and the ugly coming soon to a theatre near you.

"Flyboys" MGM Release date: Sept. 22

James Franco continues his march through the different branches of the military, this time taking to the skies over France in WWI. Now, my history may not be up to scratch, but I'm pretty sure fighter planes back then couldn't survive flying through a zeppelin, although that could just be a bad camera angle in the trailer.

Additionally, this is supposed to take place in France, yet even the actual Frenchman in the movie (yes, you, Jean Reno) has a fake-sounding accent. The word is that this is going to set the bar for visual effects, but that could just be hype.

If you want to see big explosions and a schmaltzy love story, go see this. Otherwise there are plenty of other films at the box office.

"The Departed" Warner Bros. Release date: Oct. 6

Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin and many more. With Martin Scorsese directing a cast this huge and Nicholson playing a villain again, it's possible that Scorsese will get that elusive golden statue he's been hunting for practically his entire working life. Blurring the line between cops and criminals, this look into the darkness of the police force and the Irish mafia looks like a fantastic ensemble piece with tremendous possibility.

Bonus points apply for throwing the Dropkick Murphys in the trailer as well, which is a musical benefit to any movie set in Boston.

"Man of the Year" Universal Pictures Release date: Oct. 16

Ever wonder what would happen if Jon Stewart put his money where his mouth is? This is your chance to find out. Directed by Barry Levinson, a mainstay of political satire and an AU alum, this movie sets Robin Williams as the host of a late-night comedy show who runs for president as a joke and wins.

Supported by Lewis Black and Christopher Walken, this movie has a lot of promise, provided Williams gets to let loose and bring the funny in a way he hasn't been able to in a long time.

"Casino Royale" Sony Pictures Classics Release date: Nov. 16

Probably the most anticipated movie of the fall, this trailer delivers in a big way by expanding and improving upon the scenes shown briefly in the teaser earlier this year. Everyone who doubted the casting of Daniel Craig is going to have to eat his words once this movie comes out. Martin Campbell (the director of "GoldenEye," easily Pierce Brosnan's best Bond movie) has created what is sure to be a fantastic reboot of the flagging franchise.

He's filled it with realism and darkness without losing everything people love about Bond: great dialogue, beautiful women with improbable names and plenty of action sequences, with a dash of romance thrown in the mix.

"The Reaping" Warner Bros. Release date: March 30, 2007

Hasn't enough happened to Louisiana? Do they really need to release the Biblical plagues on it as well? Poor location aside, this could turn out to be a solid thriller and might be what "The Omen" should have been earlier this year (at least on the creepy devil-child scale).

The crisis of faith vs. possible proof of God angle is a bit played out, especially in thrillers of this nature, but Hilary Swank lends some credibility to the film. At this point, it's 50/50.