The D.C. Guide

Start the semester right: get friendly with all the District has to offer

Summer is over, but that doesn't mean the fun has to be. From the looks of upcoming museum and concert offerings, fall promises to be a great time to be in the District for new and returning students alike.

The Scene staff has eagerly scoured local schedules, eateries, websites and event calendars to serve up the best Washington has to offer. The result is this special edition Scene Guide to D.C., custom tailored for a college student on a shoestring budget.

Looking for some hot live music? Fall brings Architecture in Helsinki, Nine Inch Nails, Decemberists and Beck to D.C. Check out what else is on the way - and where to go to see it - in The Scene's venue guide.

Keep up to date on D.C. news, trends and events by tapping into the resources featured in The Scene's D.C. 'Net guide.

Soak up some culture by delving into The Scene's arts guide, including details on where and how to score student discounts on tickets to professional music and theater performances at the area's award-winning slew of venues.

Keep dinner and a movie anything but ordinary by perusing The Scene's movie theater guide.

Sick and tired of Tenleytown eateries Chipotle and Angelico's? Don't even know where Chipotle and Guapo's - or Tenleytown - are? The Scene's D.C. restaurant guide goes by neighborhood to highlight cheap, tasty eats that will expand anyone's culinary horizons.

Jonesing for a great record store to browse, or just have some cash burning a hole in your pocket? The Scene's local record store guide will point you in the right direction.

Plus, a special D.C. edition of Movie Matches will help get AU back into the swing of District things.

Start off the new year on a savvy foot. Best wishes for a great semester from everyone at The Scene!