The Hit List

1. www.grocerylists.org Wacky dude Bill Keaggy has amassed more than 700 grocery lists. How they wind up in his hands is rather mysterious: people find them and mail them to him, or he collects them from parking lots and linoleum floors of grocery stores. Laugh at the typos (the word "banana" daunts just about everyone) or the bizarre items people feel they need, and closely examine these various specimens of human culture. With pages and pages of grocery lists, humorously organized into "Top 10 favorites" with witty quips, there are enough distractions to last till May.

2. "Michael Jackson and Bubbles" by Jeff Koons, 1988 Why merely keep up to date on the Michael Jackson trial? Commemorate your love for the King of Pop with this work of late-'80s art from the master of the "a 5-year-old could make that with his eyes closed while eating a peanut butter-fluff sandwich" technique. This is a gold-plated sculpture of our favorite crotch grabber and his pet monkey, Bubbles. They actually exhibit this in a museum. Amazing.

3. "Breathing Lights" by Tokihiro Sato "Photograph" is a term derived from the Greek words light and drawing. Therefore Sato's photographs are literally photographs. All he needs is a large-format camera set on a tripod, set on an hour-long exposure along with flashlights and mirrors to create these illuminating particles of light in landscapes and cityscapes. His work is described as "a sculpture through light in space."

4. www.FutureMe.org Ever wished for some sage, unsolicited advice from an omniscient third party in a time of need? Well, FutureMe.org doesn't provide that. But it does allow you to write yourself - or anyone, for that matter - an e-mail set for delivery days, weeks, months or even years into the future. All participants ("60,609 letters written to the future and counting," according to the site's counter) may choose whether or not to make their compositions public, and a separate part of the site lets Web surfers browse the efforts of other kindred spirits. One user, identified only as "J," asks his future self: "You have a girlfriend yet? You should really get crackin'." If individuals truly are their own worst critics, this has to be the best motivation ever.

5. Frusion Breakfast Brawl For all fans of the classic Nintendo boxing game "Punch-Out!" comes "Frusion Breakfast Brawl," the sweetest Internet game based on a dairy food in a long, long time. Outfitted with retro NES-style graphics, "Breakfast Brawl" lets you take it to the ring with a bowl of oatmeal, a muffin, a sausage/cheese/egg sandwich and a bagel with cream cheese. Once you've pummeled the morning chow enough, you can execute a killer special move in which you throw a Frusion. Break the fast at http://www.frusion.com/game.asp