Oscar Night Brief

**If you want a picture of people watching to Oscars, Anderson Hall is hosting a party in the Anderson TV Lounge, right next to the front desk. - FROM ERICA

Erica LeMaster Eagle Contributing Writer Oscar Night

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences held their annual award ceremony Sunday night which caused many AU students to flock to the television to see who won the coveted Oscar. Even Anderson Hall got in the Oscar spirit by inviting its' residents to come and watch the ceremony in the Anderson TV lounge. However some students, like sophomore Caroline Solomon, said they could care less about the Oscars. "I have no interest in the Oscars because they never have the kinds of films I watch," Solomon said. Junior John Calabrese agreed with Solomon saying, the Oscars are only so the film industry can congratulate itself. Sophomore Zach Copeland, on the other hand, said he looks forward to the Oscars every year because he plans on going into the film industry. "I print off a nominations list and circle who I predict to be the winners," Copeland said. Last year he predicted every category, except for three. Copeland predicted this year's Oscars will be far less predictable than the 2004 ceremony. "Expect disappointments for Best Picture and definitely Best Actor," Copeland said.