Movie Matches

Everyone has probably seen that trailer for "Hitch." No, not the version where Will Smith kicks Eva Mendes in the face, but the one where he's teaching whiter-than-white Kevin James ("The King of Queens") how to dance. Judging by the trailer, the movie's just two hours of Will Smith helping James master dance moves. Seems like Hollywood just can't get enough of reinforcing stereotypes, and here are five more examples.

"Bringing Down the House" - 2003 Oh Queen Latifah, you so crazy! The self-proclaimed "ghetto fabulous" rapper-actress has to teach her uptight "boo," Steven Martin, how to loosen up and embrace his inner gangster on the dance floor in this modern classic.

"Rush Hour" - 1998 Chris "Money Talks" Tucker teaches Jackie Chan how to boogie, along with the concept that war "uh! Good God y'all" is worth absolutely nothing. But, when you're staking out a Chinese restaurant, friendship means everything.

"Save the Last Dance" - 2001 Teenage Julia Styles is taught to dance by the 30-something Sean Patrick Thomas (seriously, he was 31 when he filmed this movie). Nearly as sketchy and scandalous as some Joel Madden and Hilary Duff stuff.

"The Jerk" - 1979 Steve Martin's character, Navin R. Johnson, learns how to dance from the black family that adopted him as a child. He can now use his skills to try to woo Beyonc?, his co-star in the remake of "The Pink Panther" opening later this year. Jay-Z's reaction: "I got 99 problems and Steve Martin is one."

"Drumline" - 2002 When Nick Cannon's white friend gets demoted to the dreaded B-team and off the drumline, Cannon has to teach his rhythmless friend to use dance to improve his drumming. With "Drumline," Cannon proves that he loves white people as much as he loves girls that like fem-boost in their Jamba Juice, but still, pops don't like him.