Movie Matches: Favorite movie coaches

In anticipation of the release of "Coach Carter," starring Samuel L. Jackson, here are some of our favorite movie coaches of all time:

1.Gordon Bombay - "The Mighty Ducks," 1992

And I was like, Emiliooooo! The Estevez taught us that if you get caught driving drunk, your punishment will be to lead a rag-tag group of hockey champ hopefuls all the way to the finals against your former team, cause, like, you still have something to prove to your old coach, and then take on the world (especially Iceland, those bastards).

2.Danny O'Shea - "Little Giants," 1994

Though this movie will mostly be remembered for its toilet paper-throwing heartthrob Devon Sawa, another truly important ingredient is head coach Danny O'Shea, played by Rick Moranis. Moranis, who hasn't made a new film since Disney's "Brother Bear" and straight-to-video "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves," simply has no more career, so rent "Little Giants" and relive past Moranis glory.

3."Golden Leg" Fung - "Shaolin Soccer," 2001

A disgraced and crippled former soccer hero becomes a rejuvenated head coach as he employs a group of kung-fu warriors who are looking for a new use for their talents. With the steadfast leadership of "Golden Leg," Team Shaolin must defeat Team Evil and its American performance-enhancing drugs.

4.Coach Klein - "The Waterboy," 1998

Heyyyy. In this modern classic Henry Winkler - the Fonz himself - as Coach Klein knew the key to victory was getting a mildly retarded football player angry, that, and having a butt-tattoo of Roy Orbison. "What mama don't know won't hurt her."

5.Patches O'Houlihan - "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story," 2004

Without the help of this seasoned dodgeball pro (played expertly by loudmouth old codger Rip Torn), "you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop"